+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayode Recalled From Loan Spell At Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Could be - although that would mean he couldn't play for us this season. Players can only play for two clubs.
    I think that he could still come back and play for our reserves though - Muskwe did last season.... unless the rules have been changed again

An unused sub from a non league club? These are exciting times.

Started 1 game, came on as sub in next 2, unused sub in last 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Didn't know that they were playing! Goals from Forde, Carlton, Etia and Wiles
    Away game v Notts Country at Ilkestons New Manor Ground.
    A 4-2 win and a good workout for the players coming back from injury.
    Pick of the goals was a free kick from around 25yds from Anthony Forde which flew into the top corner.
    Joshua Kayode played the full 90mins.
    Don’t expect him to play Saturday, he will only be on the bench if Proctors not available.
    Tyrone Lewthwaite was substituted first half and looked like an injury rather than tactical substitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    An unused sub from a non league club? These are exciting times.
    Zil, good to see you popping up on various threads recently. You have been sorely missed. Btw, I'm pretty sure Our Mutual Friend has sadly gone to Didcot. I have had no PM from him in ages and none of his personas have been spotted for several weeks. A very sad loss if true.

Could be - although that would mean he couldn't play for us this season. Players can only play for two clubs.
    Must admit I'd forgotten about that rule. Does it definitely apply to youth loans though? If it does, there is a bit of a dilemma for the club because he's probably not going
    to play for us other than the occasional reserve game so his progress will be limited.

Recalled? He was there a month and his loan was a month

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Recalled? He was there a month and his loan was a month
    He will more than likely go back out on another YOUTH LOAN if any club are interested.

He had a quiet first half yesterday for the reserves and showed what he's capable of in a much improved second half performance.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Must admit I'd forgotten about that rule. Does it definitely apply to youth loans though? If it does, there is a bit of a dilemma for the club because he's probably not going
    to play for us other than the occasional reserve game so his progress will be limited.
    The fifa ruling on it:

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season.
    During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for
    two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs
    belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in
    summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official
    matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully
    complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally,
    the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the
    minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected"

As parent club we will have registered him. Chesterfield will have had to register him. Therefore he can be loaned to another club, who can register him - making the maximum 3 registrations. If that other club play him he cannot play for us this season. That's how I understand it. I can find nothing to suggest there is an exception for youth loans.

The fifa ruling on it:

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season.
    During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for
    two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs
    belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in
    summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official
    matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully
    complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally,
    the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the
    minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected"

As parent club we will have registered him. Chesterfield will have had to register him. Therefore he can be loaned to another club, who can register him - making the maximum 3 registrations. If that other club play him he cannot play for us this season. That's how I understand it. I can find nothing to suggest there is an exception for youth loans.
    Cheers Wrinkly. The rule does seem to be restrictive if it's applied to youth players who go out on 1 month loans. It certainly won't help with development at an early stage in their careers.
    I've never seen Kayode play but I'd be amazed if he was anywhere near Championship standard so he's unlikely to get into the first team squad unless we have a major injury crisis. Let's face it, he couldn't make himself a regular starter at Chesterfield and they didn't extend his loan so presumably he's got a lot of developing to do yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast