+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ok Mr Angry has got his argumentative hat on by the looks of it, so very quickly:

EU inspects Italian budget because Italy owes EU so much money - wrong.

Unelected EU mafioso opposes Italian budget - wrong.

Elected Italian government cannot pass the budget it wants - wrong.
    From tonight's BBC......UNPRECEDENTED.....EU tells a sovereign nation to rethink it's budget proposal.....mmmmmm

The European Commission has told Italy to revise its budget, an unprecedented move with regard to an EU member state.

The Commission is worried about the impact of higher spending on already high levels of debt in Italy, the eurozone's third-biggest economy.

Italy's governing populist parties have vowed to push ahead with campaign promises including a minimum income for the unemployed.

The country now has three weeks to submit a new, draft budget to Brussels.

The Commission said the first draft represented a "particularly serious non-compliance" with its recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Which definition of the word 'prediction' are you failing to understand?

Maybe we should ban the score prediction threads because it's all guesswork and no-one knows what will really happen.
    Prediction is fine and I totally understand what that means. So, can I ask what part of "but when it gets stated that this will happen, or that will happen" is hard for you to read and understand? (please see the word STATED, not predicted, is written) and this refers to the BREXIT debate in general and not just on this board.
    It is when one side or the other STATES that this will happen or that will happen that I have an issue with, as we do not know what will happen. There has been so much written on here and in the press saying that we will be better off or we will be much worse off, but lets be honest, we do not know do we? and everything until the point that it actually does happen is pure speculation. Who knows, both sides could be wrong and that nothing will change. So lets just wait and see and then deal with it.

I know this may sound a bit radical and would by no means solve the problem fully but what about offering non dangerous low category prisoners the chance to do the so called menial jobs? Such as fruit and vegetable picking.
    I'm sure that plenty would volunteer if it meant getting out of their cell into the country side and also being paid as well.
    Our prisons are teaming at present, a guy I used to work with was inside and was allowed to go to pick courgettes and looked forward to the days outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Great idea. All you have to do is persuade those British born people who have no intention of working to get off their arses and do the low paid menial jobs that are often done by migrant workers. Good luck with that one.
    I agree that getting many of the unemployed back to work will be hard as the last Labour Government made living on benefits a career choice. Employing eastern Europeans has driven down the wages being paid to these lower skilled jobs and that makes living on the dole a much more attractive alternative. To make matters worse, many of these Europeans are sending money back to their home countries, so this money is now benefitting their home country instead of here.
    I guess you could stop benefits for those that refuse to get a job, if offered one, and replace these benefits with vouchers instead. This would give them the incentive to work and that in turn would be better for the economy as the money would be retained over here. But like you said, it would be very hard to get many of these people off their arses

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I know this may sound a bit radical and would by no means solve the problem fully but what about offering non dangerous low category prisoners the chance to do the so called menial jobs? Such as fruit and vegetable picking.
    I'm sure that plenty would volunteer if it meant getting out of their cell into the country side and also being paid as well.
    Our prisons are teaming at present, a guy I used to work with was inside and was allowed to go to pick courgettes and looked forward to the days outside.
    Does that come with an offer to volunteer as a supervisor, i961? Could be quite stressful work, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Does that come with an offer to volunteer as a supervisor, i961? Could be quite stressful work, you know.
    Ha ha sorry happily retired Syd.

Apologies if I’ve missed something earlier in the thread but whilst the topic of menial workers has been raised has anyone asked themselves how it only cost £4 to have your car washed by half a dozen Eastern European’s? It’s probably because it is modern day slavery and not having a constructive skills based immigration strategy in place encourages this.

My father is Spanish, came to England as a 16 year old musician. Forged a career for himself as a musical entertainer which took him all over the world yet he always called England his home, always paid his tax and NI wherever he was as he says he owed it to the country that provided him with the opportunity to prosper and is himself happy in the knowledge that he has in return contributed to our economy. Unfortunately I’m not convinced the same can be said for many of today’s immigrant workers. I realise there are many that do, certainly working in the NHS and social care industries but as a percentage I would say it is quite possibly declining.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Apologies if I’ve missed something earlier in the thread but whilst the topic of menial workers has been raised has anyone asked themselves how it only cost £4 to have your car washed by half a dozen Eastern European’s? It’s probably because it is modern day slavery and not having a constructive skills based immigration strategy in place encourages this.

My father is Spanish, came to England as a 16 year old musician. Forged a career for himself as a musical entertainer which took him all over the world yet he always called England his home, always paid his tax and NI wherever he was as he says he owed it to the country that provided him with the opportunity to prosper and is himself happy in the knowledge that he has in return contributed to our economy. Unfortunately I’m not convinced the same can be said for many of today’s immigrant workers. I realise there are many that do, certainly working in the NHS and social care industries but as a percentage I would say it is quite possibly declining.
    My car is really dirty - where is this £4 car wash you speak of?

Spotted this post a minute ago, just about sums it up

The patriotic Brexiters...

BREXITERS, latest update:
    Rees-Mogg: Opens funds in Ireland
    Redwood: “Don’t invest in UK because of Brexit"
    Farage: Gets German passports for kids
    Lawson: Applies for French residency
    UK’s richest man: moves money to Monaco
    Dyson: chooses Singapore for his factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    My car is really dirty - where is this £4 car wash you speak of?
    You mean you don’t have them in Mapperley?

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast