+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I can't decide if that's better summed up by 'do as I say, not as I do' or 'I'm all right Jack'.
    Both. Maybe “It’s a lot easier to fool thick tw@ts than it is to convince them that they’ve been fooled”, as well. Was that one Mark Twain?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Us haha.

They don’t cost as much as they would have done before the Tories cut 7,000 prison officers, so that’s one consolation.

663 seems remarkably low for the number of Romanians over here, as does 800 odd for the number of Poles. Have you got the numbers that are resident for those nationalities, and also how much they have contributed to the economy? Cos you know, without context, just posting the numbers by nationality is pretty pointless, and I would never want to describe your posts like that.
    There's almost half a million romanians (or "gypsies", as they are more commonly known) in England today.

There's over 1 million Poles.

So, clearly with those numbers of them in prison, they're getting away scot free with most of their criminal activities!

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    There's almost half a million romanians (or "gypsies", as they are more commonly known) in England today.

There's over 1 million Poles.

So, clearly with those numbers of them in prison, they're getting away scot free with most of their criminal activities!
    Hahaha.

Us haha.

They don’t cost as much as they would have done before the Tories cut 7,000 prison officers, so that’s one consolation.

663 seems remarkably low for the number of Romanians over here, as does 800 odd for the number of Poles. Have you got the numbers that are resident for those nationalities, and also how much they have contributed to the economy? Cos you know, without context, just posting the numbers by nationality is pretty pointless, and I would never want to describe your posts like that.
    No idea Chubby, why don't you give us the numbers?....it can be your homework assignment.....when you've finished, my answer will be the same, whatever the numbers.....ie If they weren't here in the first place then our jails wouldn't be anywhere near breaking point.....copy-n-paste for hospitals, schools, roads and housing......ok?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He's saying Romanians are criminals.
    I realise that but does he think that our prisons only have Romanians in them? Weird or what?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I realise that but does he think that our prisons only have Romanians in them? Weird or what?
    I think you're digging yourself a deeper hole.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    No idea Chubby, why don't you give us the numbers?....it can be your homework assignment.....when you've finished, my answer will be the same, whatever the numbers.....ie If they weren't here in the first place then our jails wouldn't be anywhere near breaking point.....copy-n-paste for hospitals, schools, roads and housing......ok?
    7,000 prison officers cut , including some of the most experienced in the service, but the prison system is at breaking point because of a few hundred Poles and Romanians?

Thanks Tarquin, I occupy my liberal social media bubble, where I read the contributions of experts and the informed, so it’s always good to read how people like you are thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think you're digging yourself a deeper hole.
    Digging a deeper hole?I think you talk in riddles, you still haven't explained what you are talking about regarding Romanian prisoners, what percentage of all our prisoners are Romanian?

Both. Maybe “It’s a lot easier to fool thick tw@ts than it is to convince them that they’ve been fooled”, as well. Was that one Mark Twain?
    No I think it was from someone who thinks they know better than most with a massive ego but the name escapes me at present.

7,000 prison officers cut , including some of the most experienced in the service, but the prison system is at breaking point because of a few hundred Poles and Romanians?

Thanks Tarquin, I occupy my liberal social media bubble, where I read the contributions of experts and the informed, so it’s always good to read how people like you are thinking as well.
    The prison service is "at breaking point" not because of the number of officers (a decision was taken in 2010 to cut the numbers of officers, 5,000 frontline and 2,000 support staff) but because of the actual number of prison places....I forget the number now, but it is circa 85,000......do we really want to be building more costly prisons when most civilised countries are looking for non-custodial sentences, heavier fines, tagging, community work etc?

Successive governments have tried to avoid sending people to jail (as a %age of the population) because it is extremely costly to keep people locked up....plus it's been shown that most "petty criminals" come out of jail with more knowledge of how to commit crimes than when they went in.

Even saying the above, we are jailing more immigrants than just those from the EU (the immigrant population of our jails was 11,127 in 2012 or 13%) with Jamaicans being the biggest "problem"....we could free up a huge amount of spaces simply by deporting them to their own country and using "foreign aid" to build the prisons abroad (better screening at borders would mean they cannot return)

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast