+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... perhaps you thought I was joking ...

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit
    EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged.
    By NICK GUTTERIDGE
    PUBLISHED: 14:01, Tue, Jun 28, 2016 | UPDATED: 07:48, Wed, Jun 29, 2016
    The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.
    Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.
    Controversially member states would also lose what few controls they have left over their own borders, including the procedure for admitting and relocating refugees.
    The plot has sparked fury and panic in Poland - a traditional ally of Britain in the fight against federalism - after being leaked to Polish news channel TVP Info.
    The public broadcaster reported the bombshell proposal would be presented to a meeting of the Visegrad group of countries - made up of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia - by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
    I'd never heard of Nick Gutteridge, so did a quick google search. It told me :

Nick Guttridge studied at Central Saint Martins graduating in 1997. His work is mainly concerned with serving architects and designers to document interiors and exteriors. Helping raise their profiles through thoughtful carefully composed and illuminated imagery. Most recently Nick is collaborating with dancers from Rambert to explore movement within photography. The technical camera Nick normally uses for architecture has proven to be compatible for shooting movement.

When it comes to Brexit, who are we to argue with what an interior designer who collaborates with dancers said in June 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    'The people' would never have abolished the death penalty
    'the people' would never have agreed to gay rights
    'the people' would not have banned smoking in pubs
    What have 'the people' ever done for us?
    Is the Country any better since the abolition of the death penalty ( for anyone other than the evil *******s that deserve it?)

I have nothing against "gay rights" as long as they are campaigning for equality & not superiority, it is rapidly heading towards becoming compulsory & I am certain that some people are now claiming to be gay because it is an advantage if you are applying for certain jobs!

Banning smoking in pubs has cost thousands of people their living & it remains to be seen if it actually saves any lives!, I have smoked in the past & never kidded myself that it was a harmless habit but I still believe that banning it was OTT giving pubs a chance to license smoking by installing Air Conditioning & extractors & warning customers that it was a smoking environment should have been enough to satisfy & give the choice to everyone. However it is obvious that certain members of society will not be happy until everyone sees everything their way & make the same decisions as them.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I have nothing against "gay rights" as long as they are campaigning for equality & not superiority, it is rapidly heading towards becoming compulsory.
    I'm a bit confused here, what is becoming compulsory? Supporting gay rights or being gay?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Banning smoking in pubs has cost thousands of people their living & it remains to be seen if it actually saves any lives!
    It only remains to be seen if you are a member of the Flat Earth Society. The banning of smoking in public places is probably the best new law to have emerged in a long time. If anyone wants to indulge in the filthy habit then do so by all means, just don't expect the rest of us to inhale your toxic fumes without complaint. Those thousands who it has cost their living can pursue other options, those thousands who it has cost their life aren't quite so fortunate.

... not like you to slip up SH1 ... try Gutteridge.

... not like you to slip up SH1 ... try Gutteridge.
    Thank you for putting me right. A bit more googling tells me that Nick Gutteridge is a journalist for.... wait for it.... The Sun!!! So to make your point you are relying on a 2016 article from a 'newspaper' not fit to be used as bog roll.

I think I'd rather hear the opinions of the interior designing dance photographer.

... he's freelance. The report simply highlights how uncomfortable you are with the truth. Denying history leads to misery. Gutteridge was one of several reporting the matter

... he's freelance. The report simply highlights how uncomfortable you are with the truth. Denying history leads to misery. Gutteridge was one of several reporting the matter
    See - just as I said.

Many prominent people have used their expertise and forecast what Brexit will mean. However, because it's negative, it's rubbished by people like you as 'Project fear'.

But then you accept every word of a Sun journalist, and push it on us that it's 100% true.

... more importantly, do you think the EU were/are not wanting 'ever closer union' and the Europe of the Regions is myth?

... more importantly, do you think the EU were/are not wanting 'ever closer union' and the Europe of the Regions is myth?
    No idea.

More importantly, do you honestly believe that the countless negative things that have been said, by eminent people, are all made up?

... if you don't understand one of the major goals of the EU then god help you and all the other Remoaner mindless critters.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast