+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I'm getting an Irish passport for myself and two children through my Irish born parents and the paperwork and the cost (approx 500 euros all in, cheers Leave voters!) is horrendous. If these lads have found themselves an easier way, good luck to them.
    Yeah I've got a couple of friends who've done it and I'd do it myself but don't have any Irish family. If it was as easy as rocking up in Dublin and filling in a form I'd definitely do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He did in 2016, he doesn't seem so sure now.

'Lord King said that "a government that cannot take action to prevent some of these catastrophic outcomes illustrates a whole lack of preparation".

He probably means the catastrophic outcome with no deal etc, but he certainly doesn't seem to think that everything will be wonderful as some Brexiteers made out, and still do.
    He also said we would be better off going for a hard deal and leave the customs union and single market. But it suits your view to ignore that bit.

Yes. Thoroughly refuted just after the vote (the following morning!) where it was used to deceive voters. Of course, not everyone fell for it, but without doubt, there were a lot who did.
    Probably the same amount who fell for the Armageddon scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He also said we would be better off going for a hard deal and leave the customs union and single market. But it suits your view to ignore that bit.
    Yes - he said that nearly 2 years ago - suits your view to ignore that.

Now that reality is beginning to bite, he appears to have seen the difficulties.

Now, how about you answer that question -

Is everyone who has said anything negative about Brexit lying?

Probably the same amount who fell for the Armageddon scenario.
    Which is more likely to happen?

The 'Armageddon' situation you refer to, or the NHS getting £350m a week?

Which is more likely to happen?

The 'Armageddon' situation you refer to, or the NHS getting £350m a week?
    Neither

Yes - he said that nearly 2 years ago - suits your view to ignore that.

Now that reality is beginning to bite, he appears to have seen the difficulties.

Now, how about you answer that question

Is everyone who has said anything negative about Brexit lying?
    I haven't read anywhere we he has changed his mind since 2016. It depends what they have said,most of the rubbish spouted is opinion not fact, like yours and mine and everyone else on here.
    The one and only thing that keeps being thrown up is what was written on the side of a bus, brexit as moved on a lot since then, even the immigration issue as taken a back seat.
    No one surely can dispute that this government is pathetic, How can you expect a
    cabinet that is full of remainers to negotiate brexit ? It is a joke so Mervyn King is correct on that.

I haven't read anywhere we he has changed his mind since 2016. It depends what they have said,most of the rubbish spouted is opinion not fact, like yours and mine and everyone else on here.
    The one and only thing that keeps being thrown up is what was written on the side of a bus, brexit as moved on a lot since then, even the immigration issue as taken a back seat.
    No one surely can dispute that this government is pathetic, How can you expect a
    cabinet that is full of remainers to negotiate brexit ? It is a joke so Mervyn King is correct on that.
    He said recently:
    "a government that cannot take action to prevent some of these catastrophic outcomes illustrates a whole lack of preparation".

What could he mean by 'catastrophic outcomes'?

What you really mean is it's fact if you like it, and opinion if you don't.

Are they all lying? Lost count of how many times you've dodged that question!

He said recently:
    "a government that cannot take action to prevent some of these catastrophic outcomes illustrates a whole lack of preparation".

What could he mean by 'catastrophic outcomes'?

What you really mean is it's fact if you like it, and opinion if you don't.

Are they all lying? Lost count of how many times you've dodged that question!
    I am not disputing his opinion about the governments handling of the situation but how can I answer a question about something that asn't happened? Catastrophic outcomes is an opinion or statement not a fact.
    A fact is when something has actually happened and nothing as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm a bit confused here, what is becoming compulsory? Supporting gay rights or being gay?

It only remains to be seen if you are a member of the Flat Earth Society. The banning of smoking in public places is probably the best new law to have emerged in a long time. If anyone wants to indulge in the filthy habit then do so by all means, just don't expect the rest of us to inhale your toxic fumes without complaint. Those thousands who it has cost their living can pursue other options, those thousands who it has cost their life aren't quite so fortunate.
    Just the sort of reply that I would expect from the "I don't do it so you shouldn't" type poster that frequents this board, I don't smoke so you shouldn't, I don't drink so you shouldn't, I don't drive for pleasure or convenience so you shouldn't & just for you EP, I don't gamble so you shouldn't are all subjects that I have seen discussed on here. They have a common theme, they can all have a terrible effect on others but if you indulge you cannot see anything wrong with them, if you don't indulge you cannot see any point in them. I haven't had a fag in over a year, I rarely drive for fun & don't gamble (notice how I don't mention drinking) but I respect those who choose to, I do agree that something needed to be done about "passive smoking" but maintain that a blanket ban was OTT unless they were going to make it illegal (not a chance with the sort of money involved) & a licensing scheme akin to the music license & gambling license plus a warning sign that smoking was allowed in that pup would have been good enough & saved many pubs/jobs & just as many lives!

Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast