+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    It didn't even say could Elite !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, it hinted that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week.
    Note the highlighted word again. There is no doubting the message it was trying to send to voters, and I think it convinced enough thick b@stards to swing the result. Never mind, we have the 'strong and stable' leadership of Mrs May to get us a great deal.

Surely that one has been proved to be a lie!

Arguing about the £350m in the current situation is like debating the interior decor on the Titanic after the iceberg has hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not always, but if you offer an opinion that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week when you know for a absolute fact there isn't a cat in hell's chance of it ever happening, how is that not lying?
    It is probably similar to Cameron and Osborne saying there will be one referendum only and if you vote leave we will come out of the single market and customs union, neither looks like happening at the moment. Both sides have sailed close to the wind on their statements of what will or will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Thank you!

So if they aren't lying (ie. deliberately misleading), 'Project Fear' doesn't exist. People are just giving opinions. But you must take into account, as you have agreed it is 'based on their knowledge and experience'. So why do people rubbish it?

It's been made clear on here many times - if it's said by a 'Remainer' it's an opinion, if it's said by ' 'Leaver' it's fact!
    When the likes of business men like the bosses of Wetherspoons, Next and Dyson etc. who say we will be fine after Brexit why do their opinions get rubbished by remainers? And your last sentence depends on who is saying it, both sides claim their opinion is fact not just leavers.
    We can all go round in circles claiming who is right or wrong, only time will tell and I don't mean in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    When the likes of business men like the bosses of Wetherspoons, Next and Dyson etc. who say we will be fine after Brexit why do their opinions get rubbished by remainers? And your last sentence depends on who is saying it, both sides claim their opinion is fact not just leavers.
    We can all go round in circles claiming who is right or wrong, only time will tell and I don't mean in the short term.
    Ah ... the old 'I don't mean in the short term'

All the Brexiteers were promising us a wonderful new dawn, as soon as we're out everything will be better than it ever has been etc etc.

Now - it's long term!

But has it been rubbished?

The leavers always cry 'Project Fear' when ever there's anything negative said. I honestly cannot think of an equivalent coming from the remain side. Maybe you can enlighten me?

All the Brexiteers were promising us a wonderful new dawn, as soon as we're out everything will be better than it ever has been etc etc.

Now - it's long term!
    All is a very big word and your use of it is way off.
    I could come back with the remainers ALL say 17million+ leave voters are old thick uneducated white racists. Do you think that?
    I voted leave but wasn't persuaded by a sign on a bus or wanting to stop people coming here to work. I also didn't believe all the things said by the remain campaign either.
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Now - it's long term!
    I know, it drives me mad when I hear Leave voters retreating back to 'it might be difficult for a while, but in 10 or 20 years we'll start to see the difference.' Half the people saying this kind of thing won't even be alive in those time frames. It's just an inability to concede that they've made a mistake.

Nobody votes for something to get worse in the short term but better in the long term. People simply aren't selfless enough for that kind of thinking.

All is a very big word and your use of it is way off.
    I could come back with the remainers ALL say 17million+ leave voters are old thick uneducated white racists. Do you think that?
    I voted leave but wasn't persuaded by a sign on a bus or wanting to stop people coming here to work. I also didn't believe all the things said by the remain campaign either.
    OK, Virtually all of the Brexiteers I had contact with.

If you speak to many business owners, like myself it isn't the vote to leave that has caused them most concern but the ineptitude of those charged with seeing it through.

My own business has suffered terribly since the referendum but only because my clients and prospects are waiting for it to be resolved one way or another before they feel comfortable parting with large sums of money for new machinery etc.

One way or another I personally want to see a resolution asap. At this stage whether it is a watered down deal or no deal actually has no real bearing on matters as it will give businesses a baseline to start making positive decisions about investing in areas of their businesses they have up until now been avoiding.

I buy and sell equipment and services to and from all four corners of the world. The free trade agreement we have enjoyed in the EU is great but only really in the fact that I have less paperwork to do. My dealings with companies in Australasia and the Americas is much more lucrative and to be honest worth the extra admin.

I voted leave thinking it would force the UK to forge aggressive trade deals with other countries outside the EU. Unfortunately those charged with fulfilling this objective on behalf of UK trade and commerce have failed miserably and done nothing but waste time trying to appease a few suits in Brussels.

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast