+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

O/T Brexit

... beginning to look good for no deal. It won't be sorted until February as EU fails to come to terms with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... beginning to look good for no deal. It won't be sorted until February as EU fails to come to terms with reality.
    Good one! You certainly got me, I have to admit I thought you were being serious at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good one! You certainly got me, I have to admit I thought you were being serious at first.
    TBH, this whole Brexit malarkey has gone beyond a joke now...2 years have passed and they still cannot agree where the exit door is.......meanwhile we are bombarded with scare stories about how everyone is going to have to sell their grandparents into slavery and bbq their own children just to survive....personally I think it's a ploy, drag out the end result ad infinitum until half of us die off....then have another vote.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    TBH, this whole Brexit malarkey has gone beyond a joke now...2 years have passed and they still cannot agree where the exit door is.......meanwhile we are bombarded with scare stories about how everyone is going to have to sell their grandparents into slavery and bbq their own children just to survive....personally I think it's a ploy, drag out the end result ad infinitum until half of us die off....then have another vote.

Pathetic.
    The word 'Pathetic' is a very good summary of the whole shambles. The scare stories are way off the mark though, just as they were from both sides at the time of the vote. Selling your granny into slavery now is as unlikely as the NHS getting £350million per week was then.
    I still stand by my original prediction, which was that there will be no great change, but the average family will be around 5% worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The word 'Pathetic' is a very good summary of the whole shambles. The scare stories are way off the mark though, just as they were from both sides at the time of the vote. Selling your granny into slavery now is as unlikely as the NHS getting £350million per week was then.
    I still stand by my original prediction, which was that there will be no great change, but the average family will be around 5% worse off.
    Another scare story then - where does 5% come from?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Another scare story then - where does 5% come from?
    Did you fail to understand the bit that said "my original prediction"?

I am beyond caring about all the posturing. Roll on when it’s done and dusted where we will see what happens... I am expecting biblical changes where, well, nothing really changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I am beyond caring about all the posturing. Roll on when it’s done and dusted where we will see what happens... I am expecting biblical changes where, well, nothing really changes.
    Well it'll be a nice bonus for Noel Edmonds.

My main beef with it all is that ironically it's costing us millions to sort out and we're losing loads of money every month. Far more in total than we were actually losing on the NHS through being in the EU. The 350 million headline, although true, was just a tag line to grab votes for leave campaign from lazy newspaper readers. It's totally bonkers.

Anyone for Spam?

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast