Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
Farage is against free health care, in favour of a Trump style deregulation of everything, and is the last person who should be designing what a post Brexit Britain looks like.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but rather than BESTING THEM FOR 18 YEARS he turned up to debates once a month to grandstand against the EU to get new videos for his Facebook page, has one of the lowest voting percentages of any MEP but still spent his time wining and dining around Brussels on expenses.

I would also add that she put one staunch Brexiter, Davis, in charge of negotiations and he turned up for the first day of negotiations without any papers, jacked it in because he couldn't negotiate what he wanted, but is still briefing journalists that we can have all the advantages of EU membership after leaving. Which begs the question "why didn't you do it then?"

He was followed by another staunch Brexiter, Raab, who to use his own words "didn't realise how important" the Dover to Calais route was for British business. He has jacked it in as well.

The problem isn't that she's kept Brexiters at arms length, the problem is that she gave them the job they wanted, and with them being ideologically motivated fantasists they then went crashing head on into reality.
Davies didn't' jack it in', he was stitched up.

May gave him a project (Canada +++) to keep him occupied whilst Oily Robbins was drawing up Chequers with Barnier.
Civil servants working for Davies were secretly helping to draw up Chequers and were keeping Oily and his mates in Brussels up to date on 'Canada'.
Disgraceful. Davies had no chance.