+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I knew the second I saw it that there was absolutely no chance of it happening and posted as much at the time. It seems Farage also instantly knew it would never happen, so I wonder why he waited until the day after the vote to tell everyone?
    You miss it every time Elite.

We are talking about whether the bus promised £350 million a week to the NHS.

I am not debating whether people saw it that way or not.

Simple question for you that takes a one word answer, did it promise £350 million a week to the NHS - yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Simple question for you that takes a one word answer, did it promise £350 million a week to the NHS - yes or no?
    Are you blind or do you have the memory of a goldfish? I answered that question on this very thread at 10:52 today.

A simple question for you in return - was that slogan designed to make stupid or gullible people think that the NHS might get an extra £350 million per week - yes or no?

So the answer is No

So why keep bringing it up?

I'm not sure if stupid and gullible people thought that but you are definitely far more qualified than most to answer it.

Throw it out to the board - was anyone on here stupid or gullible??

So the answer is No

So why keep bringing it up?

I'm not sure if stupid and gullible people thought that but you are definitely far more qualified than most to answer it.

Throw it out to the board - was anyone on here stupid or gullible??
    I answered your question but you avoided answering mine. I wasn't asking your opinion on what stupid or gullible people thought, I was asking your opinion on the purpose of the slogan. Was it meant to mislead or wasn't it - yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    In what way?
    Sorry was in a rush!

I fully understand your point and can agree with it in some ways, however why would we want to dilute our trade potential in that way.

The Japanese have already suggested there’s a seat at the table for the UK at any new pan pacific trade deal after Brexit which would suggest others would follow suit.

Also in the case of almost every EU member state, Germany aside, why would we want them hanging on to our coattails while we share with them the spoils, what will they bring to the party?

Yes I believe it was intended to mislead.

But it failed as it drew massive publicity on £350 million figure which as we know was completely inaccurate.

Do you actually know anyone who thought that £350 million a week would be going to the NHS?

Does that help?

No, it hinted that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week, which is why I highlighted the word could in my original post. Those who hinted it knew for a fact it would never, ever happen. Therefore what they suggested 'might happen' was a lie.
    How could any statement using the word 'might' be a lie? Honestly, you've lost the plot.
    Much like the parent who sat their 5 year old son in front of a camera and coached him to shout 'we demand a 'people's vote' then posted it on YouTube.
    They are taking him to the Mass Tantrum tomorrow apparently.

The video has been taken down but you can still find it if know where to look.
    It's disturbing yet gives an insight to how deranged the result of the Referendum has made some people.

Yes I believe it was intended to mislead.

But it failed as it drew massive publicity on £350 million figure which as we know was completely inaccurate.

Do you actually know anyone who thought that £350 million a week would be going to the NHS?

Does that help?
    Yes, it helps a lot because it seems we are in agreement. No promise was made, but the intention was to mislead.

Regarding the "do I know anyone who believed it" no I don't know anyone, but let me repeat this little story that I've posted on here before. I was on holiday in Portugal at the time of the vote (did mine by post), and the day the result was announced I overheard a fellow Brit in a bar that night say "Great result, I just hope they've sent all the Poles back by the time I get home". He really thought that Brexit meant that all immigrants would be sent home. I could only smile at how disappointed he would be when reality bit!

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    How could any statement using the word 'might' be a lie? Honestly, you've lost the plot.
    So if the leave (or remain) campaign had said "Vote for us and you all might be a millionaires within weeks" it wouldn't be a lie simply because they used the word 'might'? It's only slightly more ridiculous than the bus slogan.

Yes, it helps a lot because it seems we are in agreement. No promise was made, but the intention was to mislead.

Regarding the "do I know anyone who believed it" no I don't know anyone, but let me repeat this little story that I've posted on here before. I was on holiday in Portugal at the time of the vote (did mine by post), and the day the result was announced I overheard a fellow Brit in a bar that night say "Great result, I just hope they've sent all the Poles back by the time I get home". He really thought that Brexit meant that all immigrants would be sent home. I could only smile at how disappointed he would be when reality bit!
    Wow, how long was he on holiday for? You've told this story so many times it reeks of something each time you bring it up.
    Any tattoos? Shaven head? Scuffed knuckles? I bet it was in the 'Rose And Cown' bar............. yawn.

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast