+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Out of interest, who has ever told you that you aren't allowed to call yourself an Englishman?
    So you have never heard the derogatory expression little englander?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    When we leave, will i be allowed to call myself an Englishman.
    Only if we get rid of Norun Iron. Otherwise, you're a Brit.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Getting rid of the poll tax
    Voting to leave the EU
    Votes for women
    Fighting for their country so the likes of you and me have the right to say and do what we like within reason.
    How do you know the people wouldn't have banned smoking in pubs? Best thing they did imo. More people don't smoke than do.
    You miss my point, i961. The great politicians were ahead of their time and made a call for what the people needed - Churchill, Attlee and (in some people's eyes) Thatcher, were guided by their perceptions of what the people needed not by following what the people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Our airlines may be grounded, we will have no food, no medicine, the eurostar will be cancelled, etc etc but somehow other countries seem to manage.
    I take it there is a large dose of ironic jest in that sentence?

... it's the politicians who are incompetant and causing the problems. The non-Protestant Irish are now playing the long game waiting for their population to outnumber the Proddies. There will then be a vote and the island of Ireland will become united. The current farcial play-making by the Eire and France politicians is an example.
    As we enter the end game we will see the self-serving Establishment scramble which will be fun to watch as their future potential EU jobs slide away ... are you watching MP for Broxtowe ...

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    So you have never heard the derogatory expression little englander?
    Yes I've heard of it, and rather than being derogatory it seems an accurate description of a few on here. I don't see how it's relevant to the idea that we aren't allowed to call ourselves Englishmen though. If anyone ever asks me where I'm from when I'm abroad I always reply "England".

... quite right Snobhead 1 - England. If we were to remain in the EU 'En

... (error) ... the term England's would disappear as we become the European State of Regions. We would live in Mercia. No thank you Herren Merkel

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... (error) ... the term England's would disappear as we become the European State of Regions. We would live in Mercia. No thank you Herren Merkel
    If that kind of thing was written by a remainer it would be part of 'Project Fear'. I guess that as it's a Brexiteer it's truth!

... perhaps you thought I was joking ...

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit
    EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged.
    By NICK GUTTERIDGE
    PUBLISHED: 14:01, Tue, Jun 28, 2016 | UPDATED: 07:48, Wed, Jun 29, 2016
    The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.
    Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.
    Controversially member states would also lose what few controls they have left over their own borders, including the procedure for admitting and relocating refugees.
    The plot has sparked fury and panic in Poland - a traditional ally of Britain in the fight against federalism - after being leaked to Polish news channel TVP Info.
    The public broadcaster reported the bombshell proposal would be presented to a meeting of the Visegrad group of countries - made up of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia - by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast