+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If you think the NHS pays over the odds for drugs now wait until the effects of Brexit kick in. Those nice US pharmaceutical companies are rubbing their hands together with excitement.
    I bow down to your superior knowledge on this.

https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPie...2796300843257/

Here's something from a confirmed remainer that I think most people can see the sense of. Although I don't agree with a lot of JP's political viewpoints I feel that he is at least someone with whom you could have a profitable educated debate.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post

Here's something from a confirmed remainer that I think most people can see the sense of. Although I don't agree with a lot of JP's political viewpoints I feel that he is at least someone with whom you could have a profitable educated debate.
    You do know that Jonathan Pie is simply a character played by Tom Walker? It's like saying you agree with what Alan Partridge is saying (which you probably do).

Maybe invite Ali G along to that debate. He seems an educated bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So what do you propose as an alternative? Private health care where the rich get a quality service and the poor are left to die?
    Why are those the only choices? I don't see piles of bodies of the poor in France, Germany, Europe in general, Australia, Canada etc etc and none of those have an NHS. In fact no-one does.

I'd argue that its this level of hysteria which protects the NHS from ever having to reform, become accountable or become vaguely value-for-money. I have never met anyone working for the NHS who couldn't make it more effective, saving it huge sums of money. I've also never met anyone who could tell me the mechanism for making those improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Why are those the only choices? I don't see piles of bodies of the poor in France, Germany, Europe in general.
    I didn't say they were the only choices, I asked for alternatives.

I suspect you don't see "piles of bodies of the poor in France, Germany, and Europe in general" because France, Germany, and Europe in general spend more of taxpayers cash on healthcare than the Tory government does here. I don't doubt that the NHS needs to improve efficiency, but it also needs much more investment to care for an ageing population.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't say they were the only choices, I asked for alternatives.

I suspect you don't see "piles of bodies of the poor in France, Germany, and Europe in general" because France, Germany, and Europe in general spend more of taxpayers cash on healthcare than the Tory government does here. I don't doubt that the NHS needs to improve efficiency, but it also needs much more investment to care for an ageing population.
    Sizing Cusamano at Cheltenham this Friday.

Lol, vote Jonathon Pie, spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Sizing Cusamano at Cheltenham this Friday.
    It's actually called Sizing Cusimano and holds two entries at Cheltenham on Friday at the 5 day stage. On form I wouldn't give it a chance in the first race, but it might be worth a look in the handicap hurdle which closes the card. This horse is surprisingly 'on-topic' on this Brexit thread, because Alan Potts paid 100,000 euros for him on June 23rd 2016, which was the exact day of the Brexit vote! I hope he paid up on the day, because then it would have cost him £76,000. If he didn't pay the bill until the following day, it would have cost him £88,000 due to the dramatic slump of the pound against the euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    You do know that Jonathan Pie is simply a character played by Tom Walker? It's like saying you agree with what Alan Partridge is saying (which you probably do).
    Hahaha Tony’s seen him on Russia Today so he must be real.

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast