+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Thank God for that - the blessed Theresa's given us all another year's breathing space. Quite a canny idea, that, joining one year at a time under the pretence that you're leaving ... eventually. Can prove quite expensive though.
    Another year of pointless arguments on here then

... driller, you are brighter than to ask 'how'. The liars (Ted Heath & co) thought we wouldn't be interested in the detail until it was too late. The various opt outs are merely a sop to keep countries on board within the great european project. As part of the softening up process it's a bit like being told this country is 'multi-cultural Britain' - which it is not - but sooner or later the disinterested majority accept the fait accompli and we then have to scurry around providing extra services for those extended families who, somehow, we managed to forget would eventually arrive; all in the interests of an integrated Europe. Etc, etc, etc ...

Being lectured at by an Australian about my country is almost as annoying as when it's done by a Mexican. The problem with this gentleman, Grantham, is his lack of alternatives. Deconstructing the EU is one thing but making light of worrying over new trade deals and seriously considering the road ahead are more important.
    Apart from that, his monologues drone on and lack the liveliness of true debate. His views can be contested but presented in this format he can purport to be THE ONE TRUE VOICE.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    How does that work exactly?
    It works trust me.I don't know the full ins & outs but, I have relations in the Police Force in the UK,friends in it over here Plus I work in a few Stations doing maintenance & relations in local government departments,so hear the carry ons

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... driller, you are brighter than to ask 'how'. The liars (Ted Heath & co) thought we wouldn't be interested in the detail until it was too late. The various opt outs are merely a sop to keep countries on board within the great european project. As part of the softening up process it's a bit like being told this country is 'multi-cultural Britain' - which it is not - but sooner or later the disinterested majority accept the fait accompli and we then have to scurry around providing extra services for those extended families who, somehow, we managed to forget would eventually arrive; all in the interests of an integrated Europe. Etc, etc, etc ...
    Disinterested majority? Nobody seems disinterested to me, in fact it's one of the most controversial topics in British public life for as long as I can remember.

Your answer was quite vague if you don't mind me saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It works trust me.I don't know the full ins & outs but, I have relations in the Police Force in the UK,friends in it over here Plus I work in a few Stations doing maintenance & relations in local government departments,so hear the carry ons
    I presume the people you're talking about don't have Irish ancestors, so I suppose we're talking about naturalisation.

These are the rules for becoming an Irish citizen through naturalisation. You have to be of good character and have lived continously in Eire for the past year, plus you must have lived there for a total of four of the previous eight years.

I hope you can understand why I'm sceptical about Pakistani people traffickers flocking to Ireland and being given Irish passports.

If I'm wrong please let me know how it works 'cause I'll probably go and get one too (seriously).

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...alisation.html

... ok for disinterested majority read those - who take little notice of history; believe the liars in power; concern themselves with their parochial view of life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ok for disinterested majority read those - who take little notice of history; believe the liars in power; concern themselves with their parochial view of life.
    There's joke to be made here but it's almost too easy 😊

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I presume the people you're talking about don't have Irish ancestors, so I suppose we're talking about naturalisation.

These are the rules for becoming an Irish citizen through naturalisation. You have to be of good character and have lived continously in Eire for the past year, plus you must have lived there for a total of four of the previous eight years.

I hope you can understand why I'm sceptical about Pakistani people traffickers flocking to Ireland and being given Irish passports.

If I'm wrong please let me know how it works 'cause I'll probably go and get one too (seriously).

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...alisation.html
    I'm getting an Irish passport for myself and two children through my Irish born parents and the paperwork and the cost (approx 500 euros all in, cheers Leave voters!) is horrendous. If these lads have found themselves an easier way, good luck to them.

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast