+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    And still you dodge the question.

Are they all lying when people say anything negative about Brexit?
    God this is difficult, how does anyone know if someone is lying about something when it asn't happened yet? If they are being negative about the government and politicians handling of the situation then no they aren't lying but I have already agreed on that.
    I don't know what you want me to say, we will know who is lying when an actual deal or no deal is done. Sorry can't make it any clearer than that.
    Give me a quote (not the NHS bus) and I will try to answer it.
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-10-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    God this is difficult, how does anyone know if someone is lying about something when it asn't happened yet? If they are being negative about the government and politicians handling of the situation then no they aren't lying but I have already agreed on that.
    I don't know what you want me to say, we will know who is lying when an actual deal or no deal is done. Sorry can't make it any clearer than that.
    Give me a quote (not the NHS bus) and I will try to answer it.
    OK, I'll make it simple!

Are those who have made negative comments about the impact of Brexit - eg. economy affected, loss of jobs etc lying because they know that it is not a correct forecast?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    OK, I'll make it simple!

Are those who have made negative comments about the impact of Brexit - eg. economy affected, loss of jobs etc lying because they know that it is not a correct forecast?
    They of course aren't lying they have given their opinion based on their knowledge and experience, but of course this isn't a fact only an opinion however knowledgeable they are.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    They of course aren't lying they have given their opinion based on their knowledge and experience, but of course this isn't a fact only an opinion however knowledgeable they are.
    Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I have been trying to explain that to him/her.
    At the moment unemployment is at its best for 10 years the stock market is good, the pound has dropped but all these things happen from time to time even before brexit. You have answered your own question, it is only a forecast if they get it wrong does that mean they are lying? No it is their opinion.
    If you offer an opinion and get it wrong it doesn't mean you are lying.
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-10-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I have been trying to explain that to him/her.
    At the moment unemployment is at its best for 10 years the stock market is good, the pound has dropped but all these things happen from time to time even before brexit. You have answered your own question, it is only a forecast if they get it wrong does that mean they are lying? No it is their opinion.
    Thank you!

So if they aren't lying (ie. deliberately misleading), 'Project Fear' doesn't exist. People are just giving opinions. But you must take into account, as you have agreed it is 'based on their knowledge and experience'. So why do people rubbish it?

It's been made clear on here many times - if it's said by a 'Remainer' it's an opinion, if it's said by ' 'Leaver' it's fact!
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 19-10-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Not always, but if you offer an opinion that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week when you know for a absolute fact there isn't a cat in hell's chance of it ever happening, how is that not lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not always, but if you offer an opinion that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week when you know for a absolute fact there isn't a cat in hell's chance of it ever happening, how is that not lying?
    As Farage said within hours '“No I can’t [guarantee it], and I would never have made that claim. That was one of the mistakes that I think the Leave campaign made,” he said.

When it was pointed out that Vote Leave emblazoned the £350 million claim onto the side of a tour bus and drove it around the country, Mr Farage said: “It wasn’t one of my adverts – I can assure you! I think they made a mistake in doing that."

So he sided with them all the way, then when he realised what it really meant, "Not me Guv. It was them ... they made a mistake"!

Pretty big mistake!

You sure twist facts Elite we went through this after the referendum.

Did the bus say that the NHS would get £350 million per week Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    You sure twist facts Elite we went through this after the referendum.

Did the bus say that the NHS would get £350 million per week Yes or No?
    No, it hinted that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week, which is why I highlighted the word could in my original post. Those who hinted it knew for a fact it would never, ever happen. Therefore what they suggested 'might happen' was a lie.

No, it hinted that the NHS could get an extra £350 million per week, which is why I highlighted the word could in my original post. Those who hinted it knew for a fact it would never, ever happen. Therefore what they suggested 'might happen' was a lie.

It didn't even say could Elite !!!!

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast