+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

That massive Brexiter and proud patriot James Dyson has announced he’s going to contribute to the sunny uplands of post-Brexit Britain by making his new car in Singapore.

Oh he’s also the biggest recipient of EU farm subsidies which he’s “warned” the government not to cut. Possibly with a threat of moving his factories abroad. I made that last bit up.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 23-10-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My money is on tarquin having a second username.
    The problem one finds with running two accounts, is forgetting to check which username one is logged in as!

Obviously you wouldn't do such a thing Snobbers, you'd begrudge having to waste the 50 odd posts on a spoof account instead of racking them up to your 22,000 one....did you see the size of the post numbers against Coco and his mate on the FA Cup thread?....you looked like a "new boy" in comparison....you need to up your game...seriously, before Alzheimers kicks in!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The problem one finds with running two accounts, is forgetting to check which username one is logged in as!

Obviously you wouldn't do such a thing Snobbers, you'd begrudge having to waste the 50 odd posts on a spoof account instead of racking them up to your 22,000 one....did you see the size of the post numbers against Coco and his mate on the FA Cup thread?....you looked like a "new boy" in comparison....you need to up your game...seriously, before Alzheimers kicks in!
    You seem like one of those blokes who is regularly told "It's ok, size doesn't matter".

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    A 'spoof' account eh?

A new poster who purports to be a Leave voter and posts nothing but dergatory remarks about immigrants?

Someone's having a right laugh at his bulging, big fat net.
    Talking of ignorant racists, did I ever tell you the story about the bloke I overheard on holiday saying he hoped all the Poles had been sent home by the time he got back?

Back on Brexit - The markets are jittery this morning because the EU are set to reject the democratically-elected Italian Government's new budget.....yep, that's right....the Eyeties owe the EU so much money now (the number is so vast that it would choke a sperm whale) that their budget has to pass EU examination.

Eyetie Politician - Vote for me, vote for me....I'll increase the pensions

Eyetie Pensioner - Okey Dokey, here's my X.

Newly installed Eyetie Politician - Yum yum, I like the carpets in here, what did I promise them again? oh yes pensions...pass me that special-signing pen.

EU un-elected Mafiosa bloke - Not so fast Mr Eyetie.

From CNBC The European Union could derail Italy's big spending plans this week, with speculation mounting that officials in Brussels are set to reject the anti-establishment government's 2019 draft budget.

The European Commission, the EU's executive arm which checks and approves euro zone budgets before they are adopted by national parliaments, could decide for the first time ever on Tuesday to ask a member state to revise its draft budget.

The Commission has already indicated that it is not happy with the plans, warning last Thursday that the draft is in serious breach of, and an "unprecedented" deviation from, EU spending rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That massive Brexiter and proud patriot James Dyson has announced he’s going to contribute to the sunny uplands of post-Brexit Britain by making his new car in Singapore.

Oh he’s also the biggest recipient of EU farm subsidies which he’s “warned” the government not to cut. Possibly with a threat of moving his factories abroad. I made that last bit up.

Makes not a scrap of difference, the majority voted OUT, you really do have to get your head around that dear boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You seem like one of those blokes who is regularly told "It's ok, size doesn't matter".
    Wow, ***** jokes....how the mighty have fallen

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Everything Dyson makes is made outside the UK so why would this be any different??

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    Let me put it this way.

When you go to a Notts County game, almost to a man, everyone is an Englishman. You have a warm sense of comradery. You all sing the same songs, chant the same chants, and have a wonderful shared history of your club and supporting them. You can go for a traditional pie and bovril served by a cheerful soul who speaks with the same accent as you.

Now let's say next time you go you are in the minority. Instead of being filled with Englishmen, the ground is filled with muslims. They're all talking some foreign language. They all have long unkempt beards. They're all wearing long flowing robes and don't want anything to do with you. You have to put up with their poor personal hygiene and bad breath (especially during ramadan!). Rather than singing traditional Notts songs, they use vuvuzelas, or chant allahu akbar! everytime a goal is scored. The pie and bovril stand is replace by a halal goat meat outlet run by Amachar Al-Al-Jabi the Holy. The chant about "Death to the Infidel!".

Is that what you want, my friend? Is that really what you want?
    You're not very convincing. So far I've not noticed any spelling mistakes, poor grandma nor a single, solitary 'should of' or 'would of'.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Back on Brexit - The markets are jittery this morning because the EU are set to reject the democratically-elected Italian Government's new budget.....yep, that's right....the Eyeties owe the EU so much money now (the number is so vast that it would choke a sperm whale) that their budget has to pass EU examination.

Eyetie Politician - Vote for me, vote for me....I'll increase the pensions

Eyetie Pensioner - Okey Dokey, here's my X.

Newly installed Eyetie Politician - Yum yum, I like the carpets in here, what did I promise them again? oh yes pensions...pass me that special-signing pen.

EU un-elected Mafiosa bloke - Not so fast Mr Eyetie.

From CNBC The European Union could derail Italy's big spending plans this week, with speculation mounting that officials in Brussels are set to reject the anti-establishment government's 2019 draft budget.

The European Commission, the EU's executive arm which checks and approves euro zone budgets before they are adopted by national parliaments, could decide for the first time ever on Tuesday to ask a member state to revise its draft budget.

The Commission has already indicated that it is not happy with the plans, warning last Thursday that the draft is in serious breach of, and an "unprecedented" deviation from, EU spending rules.
    Full of errors as you would expect. I haven't got time for an epic 'banging my head against a brick wall' thread so I'll limit myself to pointing out that the spending rules in question were not imposed by an unelected mafiosa (mafioso if it's a bloke but never mind) but rather were agreed to by all parties in 2011 to increase the stability of the euro. The elected government of Italy at the time agreed to these rules.

The Italian government at the time signed up to respect certain parameters, then asked for more flexibility, which it was given, and now is asking for much more flexibility. As much as the EU commission asking for Italy to respect the rules they signed up to, it's the other eurozone countries asking them, because they're respecting the limits and Italy isn't.

Salvini is doing everything in his power to demonise the EU, like when the bridge in Genoa fell down and he was on the scene in hours saying it was Europe's fault.

I hope that clears a few things up, of course there's another conversation to be had about whether economic union can succeed without political union and whether keeping public spending under control is the best way to keep a country's finances in order.

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast