+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Everything Dyson makes is made outside the UK so why would this be any different??

The guy’s been a stinking, leeching hypocrite for years, so why should we expect him to stop being a stinking, leeching hypocrite? Fair point, though I imagine his input into the Brexit debate convinced a few others to vote leave, maybe even a few from places like Sunderland or Derby who’ll be losing their jobs in the next few years, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Full of errors as you would expect. I haven't got time for an epic 'banging my head against a brick wall' thread so I'll limit myself to pointing out that the spending rules in question were not imposed by an unelected mafiosa (mafioso if it's a bloke but never mind) but rather were agreed to by all parties in 2011 to increase the stability of the euro. The elected government of Italy at the time agreed to these rules.

The Italian government at the time signed up to respect certain parameters, then asked for more flexibility, which it was given, and now is asking for much more flexibility. As much as the EU commission asking for Italy to respect the rules they signed up to, it's the other eurozone countries asking them, because they're respecting the limits and Italy isn't.

Salvini is doing everything in his power to demonise the EU, like when the bridge in Genoa fell down and he was on the scene in hours saying it was Europe's fault.

I hope that clears a few things up, of course there's another conversation to be had about whether economic union can succeed without political union and whether keeping public spending under control is the best way to keep a country's finances in order.
    Oh dear oh dear......your cage certainly gets rattled every time I mention Italian politics.

So having read through your post, your conclusion is exactly what I originally posted?

The Italian government cannot pass the budget that they planned for (and what they presumably promised the Italian people that voted them into power) UNLESS it is approved by the EU, which according to the political commentators.....IS EXTREMELY UNLIKELY!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The guy’s been a stinking, leeching hypocrite for years, so why should we expect him to stop being a stinking, leeching hypocrite? Fair point, though I imagine his input into the Brexit debate convinced a few others to vote leave, maybe even a few from places like Sunderland or Derby who’ll be losing their jobs in the next few years, which is a shame.
    Unbelievable.

Dyson is a true Englishman. He has created thousands of jobs in England, for Englishmen. He has generated tax revenues for the benefit of the English peoples.

Something all Englishmen should be proud of.

And yet, here we have the know-nothings on this forum dissing him and demonizing him.

Sad.

Of course, these are the same know-nothings who will criticize Dyson and then defend the hundreds of thousands of coloureds and eastern europeans who have come to this country to ransack the English social safety net, form alien enclaves within our cities, and who hate everything that England and Englishmen stand for.

Let me hear your criticism of all that. Then, you might have some credibility when you criticize Mr Dyson.

Wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That massive Brexiter and proud patriot James Dyson has announced he’s going to contribute to the sunny uplands of post-Brexit Britain by making his new car in Singapore.

Oh he’s also the biggest recipient of EU farm subsidies which he’s “warned” the government not to cut. Possibly with a threat of moving his factories abroad. I made that last bit up.
    According to the BBC news this morning it was expected because at present it is aimed at the Chinese market so Singapore seems logical or somewhere in that region. He also employs over 4,000 people in the UK. Don't shoot the messenger only quoting what was said.

Full of errors as you would expect. I haven't got time for an epic 'banging my head against a brick wall' thread so I'll limit myself to pointing out that the spending rules in question were not imposed by an unelected mafiosa (mafioso if it's a bloke but never mind) but rather were agreed to by all parties in 2011 to increase the stability of the euro. The elected government of Italy at the time agreed to these rules.

The Italian government at the time signed up to respect certain parameters, then asked for more flexibility, which it was given, and now is asking for much more flexibility. As much as the EU commission asking for Italy to respect the rules they signed up to, it's the other eurozone countries asking them, because they're respecting the limits and Italy isn't.

Salvini is doing everything in his power to demonise the EU, like when the bridge in Genoa fell down and he was on the scene in hours saying it was Europe's fault.

I hope that clears a few things up, of course there's another conversation to be had about whether economic union can succeed without political union and whether keeping public spending under control is the best way to keep a country's finances in order.
    That's the problem when you say the elected government at the time. Governments change, I'm sure if Mr Corbyn gets elected he will want to change many of the things the Tories have done.

Ok Mr Angry has got his argumentative hat on by the looks of it, so very quickly:

EU inspects Italian budget because Italy owes EU so much money - wrong.

Unelected EU mafioso opposes Italian budget - wrong.

Elected Italian government cannot pass the budget it wants - wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's the problem when you say the elected government at the time. Governments change, I'm sure if Mr Corbyn gets elected he will want to change many of the things the Tories have done.
    Sure, he could pull us out of every single international organisation and every single international treaty if that's what he wants, but until that happens he's bound by the rules of those organisations and those treaties.

Ok Mr Angry has got his argumentative hat on by the looks of it.
    That's probably my fault, as I made a little joke about the size (or lack of size) of his, ermmm... 'manhood'.

It never fails to touch a nerve!

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    the hundreds of thousands of coloureds and eastern europeans who have come to this country to ransack the English social safety net.

I know what you mean. Don't you just hate those numerous bloody reports that say that many millions of them work hard and make a positive contribution to the economy.

I blame the namby-pamby limp-wristed left wing press myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    Ha!

Well, it's my argument that convinced more than half the country to vote for Brexit.
    Since when was 17 million more than half the country? I really wish we had a moderator to deal with this obvious troll.

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast