+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Confirmed from the budget; Economy 2-2.5% smaller than what it would have been if referendum hadn’t been called. UK gone from top to near bottom of G7 growth table.£ 4.2 bn put aside for consequences of Brexit.

This country is the first one to impose economic sanctions on itself.
    You must be wetting your pants hoping everything goes tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I thought you'd try and tell him he couldn't be sure the budget even happened if he read about it in a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I thought you'd try and tell him he couldn't be sure the budget even happened if he read about it in a newspaper.
    give that bone back to the dog

give that bone back to the dog
    Silly person

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Silly person

I’m sure it was you who moaned on this thread that “we can’t have debates about things”. I post actual facts published by the Treasury and the OBR(look it up), and that’s your response?

You need intelligent contributions for a debate, so in that case you’re f00ked.

I’m sure it was you who moaned on this thread that “we can’t have debates about things”. I post actual facts published by the Treasury and the OBR(look it up), and that’s your response?

Chubby, intelligent contributions and facts?......there's a joke there somewhere?

From tonight's Guardian (I know I know, I ran out of loo-roll)....

The chancellor was taking advantage of a surprise boost to tax receipts in the current year, and pledged to spend £2.7bn more on universal credit, £1.7bn of which comes from increases to the work allowance – the sum people are allowed to earn before they start to lose their benefits – of £1,000 a year.

Hammond also promised to spend £1bn more on defence for this year and next and £400m on school equipment – as well as an additional £420m in the next year to tackle potholes. He also promised an extra £650m on social care and to create a £675m fund to help high streets.

A manifesto pledge to increase the tax-free personal allowance to £12,500 for basic-rate tax payers and to £50,000 for higher-rate tax payers was brought forward a year to April 2019, but Hammond said it would increase in line with inflation after that.

Public services were promised an extra 1.2% a year starting in 2020-21 by Hammond, although officials subsequently stressed this was a forecast, having contracted by 3% a year between 2010 and 2015 and 1.3% a year in years following.

All sounds like gravy to me Chubs, what exactly are you moaning about?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Chubby, intelligent contributions and facts?......there's a joke there somewhere?

From tonight's Guardian (I know I know, I ran out of loo-roll)....

The chancellor was taking advantage of a surprise boost to tax receipts in the current year, and pledged to spend £2.7bn more on universal credit, £1.7bn of which comes from increases to the work allowance – the sum people are allowed to earn before they start to lose their benefits – of £1,000 a year.

Hammond also promised to spend £1bn more on defence for this year and next and £400m on school equipment – as well as an additional £420m in the next year to tackle potholes. He also promised an extra £650m on social care and to create a £675m fund to help high streets.

A manifesto pledge to increase the tax-free personal allowance to £12,500 for basic-rate tax payers and to £50,000 for higher-rate tax payers was brought forward a year to April 2019, but Hammond said it would increase in line with inflation after that.

Public services were promised an extra 1.2% a year starting in 2020-21 by Hammond, although officials subsequently stressed this was a forecast, having contracted by 3% a year between 2010 and 2015 and 1.3% a year in years following.

All sounds like gravy to me Chubs, what exactly are you moaning about?
    The figures I quoted related to Brexit, which is what this thread is about. What else do you reckon they could have spent that £4.2 billion on?

The budget itself was a pathetic attempt to pull back on 8 years of idealogically led austerity, and that's only thanks to the Tories piss poor majority. The tax threshold rises will help high earners far more than anyone else, and the vast majority of the extra spending will go on the neglected NHS, many other departments, including the justice system and police, will see more cuts.

I hope you got a nice response from “HQ” to your big girly squealing.

The figures I quoted related to Brexit, which is what this thread is about. What else do you reckon they could have spent that £4.2 billion on?

The budget itself was a pathetic attempt to pull back on 8 years of idealogically led austerity, and that's only thanks to the Tories piss poor majority. The tax threshold rises will help high earners far more than anyone else, and the vast majority of the extra spending will go on the neglected NHS, many other departments, including the justice system and police, will see more cuts.

I hope you got a nice response from “HQ” to your big girly squealing.
    ....but the figures were from today's budget, not from a Brexit meeting?......I've merely posted the good news (from your fav rag, the Guardian)....to counter your Project Fear figures......surely if you quote one lot of figures (from Today's Budget), I'm allowed to do the same?

Well at least you managed to string a sentence together without calling someone a tw@t pretty intelligent for you that. Strange you never seem to quote facts when it doesn't support your view or when scare stories are proved to be unfounded.
    Having a debate about something doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, but you can't seem to accept that without calling them names.
    Last edited by i961pie; 30-10-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast