+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves boycott.

Full attendance certainly ain't creating many headlines . The pressure is on definitely , he is rattled , and empty stadium and the resulting media circus that would bring with it would have him jumping ship.

Like Geordie said and I fully agree if you would happily see us relegated to get rid of the cancer of our club then boycott the game. We'd probs hammer them with an empty stadium anyway rather than a stadium full of pi5sed off fans.

If it worked and worked properly to the point where there was only the away fans and maybe a handful of Geordies it would hurt him. Even in the championship we more or less fill the place out so for the sky cameras to be looking round at a full emtpy stadium would be sad but great at the same time. #ashleyout

Boycott whatever games certain fans want to. All it'll do is play into the oppositions hands and basically destroy whatever confidence this squad has to go forward.

Ashley will sell when he sells, whether that's tomorrow or in 30 years time.
    A great advertisement for new owners....it.....is.....not.

When fans have someone ready to take Ashley's place then go all out to do so. Until then it'll become a pointless waste of time trying to create a belief that it's good for Newcastle United football club just to try and spite an owner who won't pander to the whim of certain fans and pundits/ex players.

Those who are hell bent on wanting the club to go higher in all aspects, make sure the money is there to do just that before you try and believe you can oust a man who has hundreds of millions of pounds tied up in the club and who is not just going to hand it over for nothing just because fans aren't suited to his set up.

All that's needed is a potential £350 million, plus a purse for the manager that allows him to buy in top quality players that are proven enough to game change, plus wages to match.

Maybe £500 million all told, so £150 million for transfers which caters for January and the following season 19/20.

Anyone know of anyone with £500 million to spend?

I'm not willing to idly sit back and watch Ashley bring our Club to its knees.
    I'm not saying it will make any difference ( a boycott), but I feel I must do something.

That s it really.

He's been here 11 years. The club is in the premier league after his 11 years, regardless of being relegated twice.
    We can argue all night and day as to why we got relegated but among it was not a lack of spending.

We managed 5th place and narrowly missed out on a champions league place under a manager who was also voted manager of the year.
    We can argue day and night about what he was and is and how people despise, dislike, have little time for, or whatever...but the reality is we had something in place at the time that enabled us to watch some decent football.

We've had some really good players at this club under Ashley.
    We've had some major ups and downs under Ashley.

Nothing under Ashley is any different to what we've all been used to over the years and in fact pound for pound I'd say we've had it much better under him in terms of excitement and hope...even if that hope was misplaced at times or as many times as people want to believe it was.

The issue is, the excitement we did have was not all to do with the premier league.
    Two championship titles was 2 major exciting instances.

Years ago when we were relegated we stayed down for a good few seasons and almost becoming rooted in the old second division to the point of moving into the third until we were fortunate to escape it.
    But we still had some exciting times in trying to get promoted and only just missing out at times. It was still exciting.

We had hope every season but it ended up misplaced until it was realised.

The major issue in some terms is with some fans living in the past and adhering their minds to past idols and messiah's and to seasons where tags were bestowed upon the club as entertainers and sleeping giant, etc.

Lots of the older bad stuff is swept under the carpet because there was/is a new man in town who fits the bill for any and all bile to be channelled towards.

Why?
    Because of many reasons that spiral into all kinds of other reasons, as and when it's required.
    It's a case of follow the noise.
    Follow the biggest potential for a scapegoat for everything, no matter what.

Ashley suits it all from Keegan's walk out to present day, with the decent stuff in between swept under the rug to be thrown back as " what decent stuff?"

But you know what?
    Ashley will get the blame for absolutely anything from this point whether some of what he does it right or whatever.
    Fans won't watch Ashley supposedly ruin the club, so they'll try and rid the club of him.

However, if the club gets taken over and quickly nosedives into oblivion, Ashley will be to blame for allowing it to be taken over by some unscrupulous chancer. The same chancer will likely be a saviour for one season or so, if things start to appear to look more rosier...even if it's minor, until it all potentially starts to go pear shaped.

But even if someone came in and managed 3 to 5 years of bigger signings and better football and then crashed and burned due to overspending to keep up with the Jones'...it will come right back to Ashley.

What you need to ask yourself is....what are you trying to save?
    If you feel that boycotting is your way to make a point then that's fair enough, as long as the point you're trying to make has more than just the desired effect of just ridding the club of an owner that guarantees its survival.
    Something a new owner might not.

What then?

Another boycott until another owner comes in to right that wrong?
    I think the best boycott is for all fans of all clubs outside of the known elite to boycott the entire football and leave it to the few, then set up another premier league where fairness becomes a reality, where 10 million for a player with £30,000 wages being seen for what it is, which is overly generous and at a ceiling, which allows all clubs to actually compete without having to be coaxed into nonsense.
    However, I'm asking for the Earth here.

You only have to look at Man Utd to see what silly transfer fees and sickening wages do to the harmony of a squad/dressing room.
    You imagine Newcastle United spending half of that and then think on how quickly this club would sink into the abyss of the football league, with little chance of ever returning to the top flight under those conditions.

Because that's what we would be looking at in this day and age.
    Forget the John Hall vision of that time. It was a one off because other clubs could not hack it because few had the potential to take that chance.

We are not in position to take any chance on a similar path, today.
    We can have a bash for a set amount but that's chicken feed to the sugar daddies.
    Ashley is not a sugar daddy but he is a clever businessman that will not bow down to just anything, whether he makes mistakes as he goes.

I'll accept him going as long as we get in someone who genuinely cares about the club as a business person and not wearing their heart on their sleeve for a quickfire punt and a fingers crossed, eyes closed hope for the best, with no contingency plan.

Just remember this, also.
    If we gain a Monsour type, we lose our club and all what it stood for.

What we have to do from that point on is, remember Newcastle United as it was and then say Hello to the Newcastle of the future, where expectation at the top is a given and failure is eventually not an option.
    Then the boycotts by the new breed of football fans, or should I say, leisure day arena viewers will stand out just as soon as the high end finishes are not met.

Maybe I'm going overboard here, eh?

I want better but I'm not willing to simply blame one person whilst another seems to walk away with a pat on the back for the worst football I've seen for a long long time...even when we were literally tish when I was much younger.

👆lost me at He's zzzzzzzzzz

I would read and reply, but I can't be bothered to do the first, therefore can't do the second.

Pleased I don't sit next to him at the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    ��lost me at He's zzzzzzzzzz
    Should be a rule against posting"War and Peace" novels on here, I haven't got the time or inclination to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Should be a rule against posting"War and Peace" novels on here, I haven't got the time or inclination to read them.
    Alreet cannylad? Have you bought any legalised weed yet,and if so how much is it?

If it's a canny price I was thinking about paying Pboros flight,seeing he's so au fait wi customs like.

I'm looking for him to bring back about a stone,if it goes ahead could you put him up for a couple of nights and show him the sights...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)