+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves boycott.

Wolves boycott.

The Mag instigating/supporting a boycott of the televised SKY match on Sunday 9th December.

It's now being reported in the nationals.

I for one, will this support this boycott.

I know I'm stating the obvious but it's balancing out supporting the team in a game we'll need to win or at least draw against inflicting temporary pain for the greater good of the club as a whole.

So many factors to consider-will enough people support a boycott, would a meagre crowd affect the team adversely, if it's a half-arsed attempt would it just make us look stupid, would it affect Ashley at all? But, looking at it from the opposite side, could it be the beginning of something, could it highlight our situation in a positive light, could it be the beginning of a more widespread reaction which would eventually force change?

I'm genuinely conflicted between the 'woulds' and the 'coulds'.

I'm leaning towards the 'coulds' but I honestly don't know.

And before the inevitable 'real supporters go and support their team' comment is made, 'real' supporters are clearly considering this (e.g. me and Stan) because the future of the club is at state-even thinking about this makes my head hurt but, at some stage, words have to translate into action.

Yup, I fully agree with all of that Zip and I would never question anyone's decision to stay away, or for that matter go.

My decision is around Ashley and the mess he's made and continues to make of our beloved Club. Not against the players or staff.

Many have said(on here included)that his ship is now taking in water and a Wolves stay away may be another leak closer to making him bail out.

(See that, extended metaphor?)

Shouldn't come to this but it has.

As many need to stay away as possible. We need to start making statements and that’s a good start. We’ll have 12/14 points by then anyway.

Ashley’s had his time, and has made a feckn mess without learning from mistakes.

The club needs a new start with an owner that sees our potential as a football club, not a huge advertising hoarding.

Our truth is stronger than their lies. If you love United, stand united.

Aye, it fucks me off massively when folk start hoying insults around at supporters-and that goes both ways.

I drop in on Newcastle online from time to time and there are quite a few on there who take the moral high ground against fans who go-calling us all the names under the sun and saying we deserve everything we get. Then there are those who consider themselves to be the only true fans because they support the team no matter what.

I've always gone when I could and will always go-whichever league we're in and however shite the football is. I've seen us play some glorious stuff and some absolute garbage and everything in between and yes, sometimes going is a chore because the players are poor or our style isn't attractive to watch (and, again yes, both of those apply currently) but I've never thought'oh, I won't bother at the minute because we're not very good'. For me, that is what being a supporter is all about but i wouldn't call anyone who decided to do things differently.

As I have said before I have been boycotting for a while now.Ask yourself a question if your in doubt about the Wolves game.
    Would you take relegation to get rid of Ashley.If yes the match won't matter too much.If no then go to the game.
    As for a full support to get behind the team,a full house hasn't done much to inspire so far this season.
    The bigger picture has to be seen as we need rid as soon as possible.

Ashley OUT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    As I have said before I have been boycotting for a while now.Ask yourself a question if your in doubt about the Wolves game.
    Would you take relegation to get rid of Ashley.If yes the match won't matter too much.If no then go to the game.
    As for a full support to get behind the team,a full house hasn't done much to inspire so far this season.
    The bigger picture has to be seen as we need rid as soon as possible.

Ashley OUT!!!!!
    Fair points, Geordie.

It’s everyone to their own. If they don’t think Ashley has been using the club for his own means and possibly/probably legally but not what many would call ethically taking money from the club for other means AND taking the p1ss time and again out of the fans then they are entitled to that view. There will be some who believe he has done little wrong. It doesn’t stop me thinking they are ‘snowflake’ (the new saying that seems to be used for all kinds of things now) Newcastle fans just the same as them thinking the likes of myself are trouble makers, aren’t real fans (even though most won’t have even heard of Brownlie, Shinton, Halliday, Wharton, McCreery, Sloan, Pingel etc).

The movement is starting and we know Ashley is getting rattled. He’s always been the playground bully but the little kid he’s always picked on is starting to grow and he’s starting to worry about getting a good pasting in front of his pals. Time to get out Mike the big lads gonna get ya.

Exactly right.Everyone to their own.I have been called worse than sh1t over the years for not going.I have never called anyone that has gone though.Make your own mind up over this,just give it some thought though.Its 90 minutes against the future of our club.Surely there is only one winner.

Ashley OUT!!!

That's not what this is about.

Twice relegated in 11 years and a third on the cards.

It's another part for those who say 'im sick of this fat **** taking our money and taking the piss out of us'.

And then staying away on a live SKY game.

Or those who would sooner go.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)