+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Town

Mansfield Town

For some strange reason I was thinking of them today and the clashes we had with them. It must have been something ont radio or tv but my thoughts were of how different we are as clubs now.

Could you see us being on par with them again?

Hope not.

I can Frog. Other than the top half dozen clubs, football really is cyclical for the rest of us. Mansfield have an ambitious chairman so our paths may cross higher up the food chain next time perhaps.

They did another feature on the woman running the club on TV the other day, married to the owner.

She looks like a botoxed bimbo but is actually pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They did another feature on the woman running the club on TV the other day, married to the owner.

That's maybe why Steve Evans left, she kept pinching his eye liner.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

I remember seeing her in a video when SE went there and she certainly was a strange colour.

When fatty Evans left them, I was surprised because he was apparently building something at Mansfailed lol.
    If they have some big money behind them now, then yes they should be looking at going up to Lg One. But can they really be looking further than that and going up to the Champship, anytime soon ?, I really doubt it.

And the reason why Im 'interested' in them as a club, its because of their manager Dave flicker Flitcroft. What he did in keeping us up in the Champship in the second half of season 2012-13, was absolutely amazing. However he only seems to be a Lg Two based manager now, who maybe has had his one and only season in the sun.

They looked quite good in the pre-season friendly, when they beat us at Field Mill.

Yes they did look good in pre-season against us and actually had some really good results in pre-season. Surprised to see them mid table, would have expected them to be higher.

I've not actually been to Field Mill since they redeveloped most of it. Seen it on telly and seen pictures, heard from people who have been and by all accounts it's tidy but basic.
    Last time I went was a midweek game in the late 90s, it was absolutely pissing down onto the uncovered shallow terrace. Some lads who I worked with at the time were Mansfield fans and there so I really wanted us to beat them.
    I can't remember which order the goals came in but I think it finished 3-3.

They seemed to follow us up and down the bottom 2 divisions for a few years and we didn't beat them very often.
    I despised Phil Stant, he always scored against us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast