+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mansfield Town

The only time I went was in 2008 and we won 0-1 in a League Two match. Substitute Jamie Yates came on scored an amazing goal- a 40 yard lob over the Town keeper.

I remember the games with them when johnny quinn was captain...we played them in the fa cup as well i think around the same time not sure if they knocked us out..nick sharkey was a good player for them ..i remember quinny taking a throw in on the millmoor lane side and shouting to lee brogden.."youre not coming back son, youre not coming back " always wore puma boots quinny..wished we had somebody as classy as him now..

I honestly think if Stevie had stayed there Mansfield would certainly have been promoted to League 1. Whether he could've taken them the next step to the second tier of English football I dont know. But once Peterborough came calling he was always going to leave. Peterborough, along with us, are the English clubs closest to his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    I remember the games with them when johnny quinn was captain...we played them in the fa cup as well i think around the same time not sure if they knocked us out..nick sharkey was a good player for them ..i remember quinny taking a throw in on the millmoor lane side and shouting to lee brogden.."youre not coming back son, youre not coming back " always wore puma boots quinny..wished we had somebody as classy as him now..
    My first ever away game there, late 60s, Quinn penalty saw us win 1-0.

Yes they knocked us out of the cup in a replay at Field Mill.

Late 70"s, drenched for 90 minutes on the away end. 1-5 defeat, thugs attacked us on the way back to the car.
    Marvellous town, marvellous people.

I was at that game too Jocks, with the Hardy boys. Rod Fern and Arthur Mann looked like twins with their hairstyles ;-)

Hi Sota, I'm glad someone else shared my misery. 1978 is my guess at the year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12