+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Ireland Short Term Deal At Bolton Wanderers

DB is still available and willing to give it a try so I've heard if we are prepared to accept a little baggage

Is Peter Odemwingie available?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    could be the difference between league 1 or championship next season.

then how would 800k over 2 years look?
    Hmmm £10,000 a week over two years, plus £400,000 transfer seems to be a lot nearer 1.4 million to me !

Hope the lads fit but after they’ve played us.If he his fit good move easy miles better than what we’ve got.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Hmmm £10,000 a week over two years, plus £400,000 transfer seems to be a lot nearer 1.4 million to me !
    Worth every penny if we stayed up,Better than free transfer 5.000 a week & doesn’t score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Has warne come out and said we’re not signing or attempting to sign him brin because he’s not a good guy?
    Personally I don’t think Warne can win.
    We have enough injured players without taking any more on.
    If we signed him then he gets injured straight away Warne would get slaughtered on here.

I think the statement about wanting to sign good human beings only gets used against him when we’re on a losing run.
    Not many disagreed with him when he got us promoted last year.

Get back to the happy clapping pal you know it makes sense ��
    I agree PR.

Warney has weeded out the bad apples and has a great spirit within the club. That approach got us promotion and is working reasonably well so far this season.

As you say the "good human beings" "barbeque" "tea drinking" "running round cones" gets trotted out if we have a bad game.

The default persona for football fans is "moaning barsteward" anyway. When Richard Wood got his new contract there were loads of posts about sentimentality, old pals act etc. Wood has, so far, been a great asset to the team this season.

I think PW probably does mention the "good human being" bit more than he should but considering a player's character, effect on the dressing room, team spirit is surely not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I agree PR.

Warney has weeded out the bad apples and has a great spirit within the club. That approach got us promotion and is working reasonably well so far this season.

As you say the "good human beings" "barbeque" "tea drinking" "running round cones" gets trotted out if we have a bad game.

The default persona for football fans is "moaning barsteward" anyway. When Richard Wood got his new contract there were loads of posts about sentimentality, old pals act etc. Wood has, so far, been a great asset to the team this season.

I think PW probably does mention the "good human being" bit more than he should but considering a player's character, effect on the dressing room, team spirit is surely not a bad thing.
    If you avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If you avoid relegation.
    Even if we are relegated it may be that Warne's approach is still the best for the club. With our limited resources, meagre support etc. it may be that relegation is unavoidable. Of course we won't know if signing 11 dog stranglers would have made a difference. For now - I'll stick with Warney's approach.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Even if we are relegated it may be that Warne's approach is still the best for the club. With our limited resources, meagre support etc. it may be that relegation is unavoidable. Of course we won't know if signing 11 dog stranglers would have made a difference. For now - I'll stick with Warney's approach.
    Agree entirely Wrinks. Warne has found a formula that works because it at least allows us to compete. Until somebody comes up with a better one under our particular circumstances why change it? We may go down with a good guy squad but we went down a lot more easily with the baddies in the squad last time. Whatever happens this season at least I get the impression that the players are going to do their best for us.

Don't try to mend summat that aint broken.

there is nothing wrong with the job warney is doing it would just be nice for th board or manager be prepared to spend a bit of money.

keep us competive untill Christmas than spend a bit of money and strengthen with 1 or 2 players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12