+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Price Of Coal 1977 BBC Drama

This thread has been very interesting to follow. I was unaware of the films and Mrs Sota and I are about to watch them, thanks for posting the links.

As for Mr Kerr, I've never met him but know someone who has and I believe he really is what he appears to be. Calls for him to be banned are ridiculous.
    Last edited by sota; 21-10-2018 at 05:40 PM.

IF it was to be true it would indicate that he has a very steady number for the salary he gets which doesn't really put him in a position to criticise other workers.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I read it, raging and am happy for anyone else to. I posted the link for that purpose and to show that Monty was 'doing a Monty' and misrepresenting it.

I can't recall ever asserting that 'the Conservatives have a better record on the economy' in such general terms, but I've kind of grown used to being misrepresented and misquoted. I can only assume that it's easier than actually dealing with what I do say?

For the record, after the IMF had imposed some fiscal discipline upon it, I think the Callaghan government was showing promise and it would have been interesting to see what it could have achieved had the unions not secured it's defeat in 1979. I also think that the Brown government reacted quickly and we'll to the 2008 crash, albeit they (like every other government had failed to forsee it.

Did you read the stuff that you copied and pasted, by the way? It is based upon the last period of Labour government i.e. the Labour Party that posters such as animal, Exile and MMM will tell you were not real Labour, but were instead a neoliberal (whatever that means) extension of Thatcherism. I always find it amusing when Labour supporters try to cherry pick that era when, as Corbyn's pick for Home Secretary, Diane Abbott, recently put it in a radio interview, the party is 'under new management now'

You must be encouraged to see how the lowest 10% of earners have done under the Tories by the way? Or maybe not given that it shoots a Labour fox

Back to Labour, what do you make of their policy of seizing 10% of every decent sized public company? Nobody seems to want to talk about it (MMM denies knowing about it). It gives the lie to the suggestion that there is anything moderate or middle of the road about the current Labour set up, doesn't it?
    Ok, this 10% ballacks, here's what i think, if we're taking 10% off the highest earning mostly tax dodging arriswipes and making the country a better place for those less fortunate than most, i say bring it on fella, regardless of any bull you can come up with, any misrepresentations of whatever i say or owt, in short, 10% aint enough for how much they've robbed the country of in the last few years.....

As for banning Kerr, well, what would he do when on holiday then? god forbid he'd have to go out and try to enjoy himself....

I hope you realise that a failed attempt will mean that he comes back with a spring in his step
    Oh sh1t not more springs in more steps

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    @MMM.

At the core of the situation and of your post is this: you thought (and continue to believe) that your view of whether to strike carried more value than that of the NUM members who chose no to. When they voted to work, they were wrong, because you were right. You are so set in your belief that you adopt a tactic that a committed racist would recognise - you seek to demonstrate your belief in your superiority by labelling your opponent with the use of a derogatory word - "scab'.
    Ok, as i pointed out in my previous reply, where are the nottinghamshire miners now? where are any of the scabby turncoats now? i'll tell you where, not working down the pit, not earning more bonuses than most other miners because they had favourable conditions, in short their pits got shut just like ours, so, who was right kerr??? was it scargill, the man who stated from the off the plans were to shut 70 pits, they said 22....who was lying, who will be proved right historically Kerr?? i'll tell you who, Scargill, and me, and the other 120K who stayed solid, scabs will forever be scabs, shatting on their own kind, the lowest of the low, regardless of what you think, i couldn't care less fella.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Ok, as i pointed out in my previous reply, where are the nottinghamshire miners now? where are any of the scabby turncoats now? i'll tell you where, not working down the pit, not earning more bonuses than most other miners because they had favourable conditions, in short their pits got shut just like ours, so, who was right kerr??? was it scargill, the man who stated from the off the plans were to shut 70 pits, they said 22....who was lying, who will be proved right historically Kerr?? i'll tell you who, Scargill, and me, and the other 120K who stayed solid, scabs will forever be scabs, shatting on their own kind, the lowest of the low, regardless of what you think, i couldn't care less fella.
    I'd like to know if Kerr had been in this position how would he have conducted himself when faced with losing his livelihood & in many cases along with many others seeing the break up of his family
    would he have said to the Nottinghamshire,Leicester miners et al Yes I understand your position so it's ok with me for you to continue to work while the rest of us are driven to seeing our families kids etc go without I really don't think so
    Desperate times call for desperate measures as Thatcher more than ably demonstrated presumably with your belated unaffected approval
    Just thank your lucky stars Kerr you never had to make such choices
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 21-10-2018 at 07:25 PM.

This brings back memories , good and bad .

The solidarity and unity of people for who went through that year is extraordinary .

You wouldn't get that today .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VTzEYq8W0fs

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    This thread has been very interesting to follow. I was unaware of the films and Mrs Sota and I are about to watch them, thanks for posting the links.

As for Mr Kerr, I've never met him but know someone who has and I believe he really is what he appears to be. Calls for him to be banned are ridiculous.
    Agree Sota, but most of the hangmen don't like alternative views

Has the hysteria died down? Is it safe for me to come out now?

raging, I will deal with the 10% asset grab when I get home as the response will take more words than I am willing to do on a 'phone. Suffice to say, it's funny to see you describing me as lacking imagination when it is you that slavishly follows a political party that leaves you having to try to polish it's turds.

Roly, you call me a fascist for making a suggestion of a way in which you could actually contribute towards the fight against climate change, but then call for me to banned for, in essence, declining to agree with your political outlook....

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast