+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Price Of Coal 1977 BBC Drama

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...and yet you still weren't there. I hope you don't make things up in court...
    To be fair, I wasn't working there on a day when the miners turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I'm all for worker's rights but the unions were a bit of a menace in the 70s.

Only needed the slightest excuse to go on strike.

Screwed our the car industry.
    Such as inflation out of control and workers with a need to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families you mean .

Things are much better today thankfully , we now have foodbanks to save people from starvation .

The government is working on the ever growing number of homelessness I believe .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think this post alone demonstrates the foolishness of your position. You can no more imagine the pressures that I work under than I can yours. It's just silly.

I know that you have your eyes squeezed tightly shut and your fingers in your ears when faced with challenge or the notion that you may not be the paragon of virtue that you believe yourself to be, but surely you could at least have a go at some of my questions about national ballots, mass picketing, secondary picketing, the killing of a taxi driver etc.?
    Have a go at the many questions me and others on here have asked you first over the years which you choose not to answer. I'll warn you there's a bit of a backlog. Good luck with it.

Have a look back at some of the questions from such as mmm, pup, some of the Barnsley guys. I could go on but I don't want to over face you. Take your time.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-10-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Such as inflation out of control and workers with a need to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families you mean .

Things are much better today thankfully , we now have foodbanks to save people from starvation .

The government is working on the ever growing number of homelessness I believe .
    Why do you suppose inflation was out of control? It was down in large part to unfettered public spending, union driven wage increases that were not matched by increases in productivity and a lax control on the money supply. Labour's current policies would be likely to deliver exactly the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Have a go at the many questions me and others on here have asked you first over the years which you choose not to answer. I'll warn you there's a bit of a backlog. Good luck with it.

Have a look back at some of the questions from such as mmm, pup, some of the Barnsley guys. I could go on but I don't want to over face you. Take your time.
    So that's a no then? No answers? Not even a expression of empathy you claim to value so much for the family of the taxi driver killed by Hancock and Shankland? You are going all sulky and taking your ball home instead?

Your ball was taken home a long time ago owd lad...

Come on, Roly.

You picketed Hadfields during a dispute with British Steel. You must have thought that justified and acceptable. Surely you can articulate why?

Why do you suppose inflation was out of control? It was down in large part to unfettered public spending, union driven wage increases that were not matched by increases in productivity and a lax control on the money supply. Labour's current policies would be likely to deliver exactly the same situation.
    Take no notice he has a one tracked political mind. The only political party in Britain is the Labour party. Actually I think he has a secret liking for Corbyn because he can only comment on his policies. Come out Kerr don't be ashamed...

Come on, Roly.

You picketed Hadfields during a dispute with British Steel. You must have thought that justified and acceptable. Surely you can articulate why?
    I hope you are not trying to bully me kerr 2 car style (which you completely got wrong) it's not nice.

How can asking how you thought your actions were justified amount to bullying? You are making no sense. Surely, you'd be shouting your justification from the rooftops if you had one

As for Labour being the only party - obviously not - but certainly the one most likely to cause untold damage, with policies such as the seizure of 10% of every decent sized public company.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast