+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 11th Nov

11th Nov

This date means so much to so many and will be a significant date through the rest of time.

I was amazed that the matches on Saturday pas had a 1 minute silence for this. Ok I understand that they want to honour their fallen heros of the past but how many minutes silences do we actually need?

I feel as though the whole event is being diluted and it didn't used to be like it. We had a couple of minutes on the day and the nearest Match to the date honoured the fallen.

Are clubs feeling that the pressure to hold a minutes silence will leave the fans angry about it?

I will be at the Monument of the dead on the 11th of November and respect any minutes silence for this because it's the right thing to do but it's getting daft in my eyes.

I thought PNE did it Saturday because it was their last home game before 11/11. Looking at their fixtures it is as they don't play at home again till Nov 24th. That's OK with me, especially as it's the 100th anniversary and not sure if we can ever over commemorate/pay respect to what our forces did.

After all, if it wasn't for them we would all be driving German or Japanese cars

It’s a difficult one because I don’t think we can ever thank or honour the hero’s enough.
    I do understand Frog that it does seem a lot of different events is diluting it.

Having just lost a very good friend who served all his life in the forces who was a true life legend then personally the more we honour them the better.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I thought PNE did it Saturday because it was their last home game before 11/11. Looking at their fixtures it is as they don't play at home again till Nov 24th. That's OK with me, especially as it's the 100th anniversary and not sure if we can ever over commemorate/pay respect to what our forces did.
    Yes there were a few teams did it the week before as well because they have two away games to follow.

As far as I can see every league club just does it the once to fit in with their fixtures. Can't see the problem to be honest