+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I didn’t feel there was any pro-Tim thing going on when we played them, and he’s one of the few Reds who have scored twice in the same match against the hooped racists in the past 25 years.

He had limitations that were fully exposed when his mentor, coach, and tidier-upper-behind-the-lang-streak-o-pish, Anderson, was transferred.

I hope his post-fitba career goes well for him.
    I don't remember him giving up against Celtic either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He did in the 9-0 but he wasn’t the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...9&squad=Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    For the millionth (& last) time, the cake had nothing to do with him.
    Well, usually you don't buy your own birthday cake and I wasn't suggesting he did, but to claim that the cake had "nothing to do with him" seems a bit odd considering he's blowing the candles out that are perched on top of the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Ooooooohhhhhh, controversial !!!!

Personally, i thought he was a big oaf who barely tried against the unwashed and thought he was way better than he actually was. In my opinion, he looked good with the players beside him, namely Anderson.

Would never wish anyone serious injury that played for us, but not joining the candle lit vigil due to him having to retire either.......
    So, that time he scored two goals against the JJs to come back and get a 4-4 draw then went f u c k i ng loopy, smoke screen was it?

Early on Diamond looked a right prospect but things went on the slide a bit after the ill advised pic with the raselick birthday cake/head band thing.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the JJs made a bid for him that we knocked back at some point (as unlikely as that may sound) cos something changed for the boy somewhere.

Remember this was the guy that sat in amongst the Dandies at the Giro-dome giving it "Stand Free" the night of Budgie's late winner.

Sad that a young player never achieved what he could, sadder still that his career is done at a young (very young for a centre back) age.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I didn’t feel there was any pro-Tim thing going on when we played them, and he’s one of the few Reds who have scored twice in the same match against the hooped racists in the past 25 years.

He had limitations that were fully exposed when his mentor, coach, and tidier-upper-behind-the-lang-streak-o-pish, Anderson, was transferred.

I hope his post-fitba career goes well for him.
    I minded that game was a 4-4 draw........what game am I thinking of?

Anyhow, that's a fair point about Russell......and Zander isn't the only, a few centre backs lost their way without Russell at their side.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Well, usually you don't buy your own birthday cake and I wasn't suggesting he did, but to claim that the cake had "nothing to do with him" seems a bit odd considering he's blowing the candles out that are perched on top of the thing?
    Story I heard (Mason can confirm/deny?) was that it was his bird's JJ family that bought the cake as a wind up and the picture with the thing roond his heid was "horseplay" in response.

Having said that things did seem to start going south for him after that.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Remember this was the guy that sat in amongst the Dandies at the Giro-dome giving it "Stand Free" the night of Budgie's late winner.
    If he did that then I doff my hat to him (although my memory tells me it was someone else)

I was there the Budgie night.... absolutely fantastic, and then up the road listening to the John Peel tribute show taking place in his usual spot ( at the time of his death)...

Peel had died either that week or the previous week...but I think it was the day before?

Diamond scored 2 in a 4-2 win not in the 4-4 draw which was a couple of years later

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I minded that game was a 4-4 draw........what game am I thinking of?

Anyhow, that's a fair point about Russell......and Zander isn't the only, a few centre backs lost their way without Russell at their side.
    4-4 was under McGoo and Steven McLean scored two

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    If he did that then I doff my hat to him (although my memory tells me it was someone else)

I was there the Budgie night.... absolutely fantastic, and then up the road listening to the John Peel tribute show taking place in his usual spot ( at the time of his death)...

Peel had died either that week or the previous week...but I think it was the day before?

Diamond scored 2 in a 4-2 win not in the 4-4 draw which was a couple of years later
    Saw photographic evidence of Zander being there and heard eye witness accounts of him at least clapping along to Stand Free, unconfirmed (second hand) reports of him singing it.

Aye, got the 4-4 ad 4-2 games confused.........was the 4-2 game nae Jimmy C's "shelf life" media b0ll0ck dropping?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast