+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mike Ashley to buy in to Morton?

Mike Ashley to buy in to Morton?

Reported on BBC that Ashley associates thinking of buying Morton

Could mean big injection of cash. Shows why we need to get out of this league pronto

Something like this could mean a rival has big pot to outspend us and have another season down.

Wonder what Ray makes of it all!?

i doubt this for three reasons,

1. he's already detested in scotland especially that side of the country
    2. involvement in a scottish club didn't work out for him before why should it be any different now
    3. he never puts any money into Newcastle so why would he start with Morton?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i doubt this for three reasons,

1. he's already detested in scotland especially that side of the country
    2. involvement in a scottish club didn't work out for him before why should it be any different now
    3. he never puts any money into Newcastle so why would he start with Morton?
    I think he does put money into Newcastle. Just not enough to deliver what fans want and to buy him out he is wanting more again - it seems more than anyone is willing to pay.

I think he still has links to sevco and I know one Geordie fan who thinks that after he is done at Newcastle he’ll be taking over at ibrox.

Sevco had to take a load of Newcastle loan players at ahleys request I think. Would imagine if bought Morton he’d be sending the Newcastle youngsters for loan matches and the idea seems to be Morton are some sort of feeder club

I could imagine something happening. With money Ashley has got he could easy fund Morton into spl top 6

sure theres a rule you cant have any involvement with more than one scottish club mate, so if he still has things going on over at greyskull then thats a blocker right away...

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think he does put money into Newcastle. Just not enough to deliver what fans want and to buy him out he is wanting more again - it seems more than anyone is willing to pay.

I think he still has links to sevco and I know one Geordie fan who thinks that after he is done at Newcastle he’ll be taking over at ibrox.

Sevco had to take a load of Newcastle loan players at ahleys request I think. Would imagine if bought Morton he’d be sending the Newcastle youngsters for loan matches and the idea seems to be Morton are some sort of feeder club

I could imagine something happening. With money Ashley has got he could easy fund Morton into spl top 6
    Am a Newcastle fan (that's my english team and i try to take in a few games a year when not at Utd games) I can say Mike Ashley does not put money into Newcastle, this summers transfer dealings resulted in a profit of over £20million for Newcastle, which Ashley has removed a large portion of from the club since. (a look over all the transfers in and out of Newcastle since he took over and you see it is well into the profit). It's this sort of thing that is meaning we will lose Rafa at the end of the season when his contract is up.

For buying out, the price hasn't really been the issue, Amanda Stavely and her group offered the £320 million he reportedly wanted for Newcastle, but there are a few issues with changing ownership as Ashley has given Sports Direct lifetime advertising rights at St James, for pennies compared to what any other company would pay to advertise at a Premier League (and even Championship club)

Article in Record yesterday, Derek Llambias (Ashley’s rh man ) the Easedales and Graham Carr to buy out Crawford Rae and move in.......may be the goings on that made McKinnon uneasy and bailing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    Article in Record yesterday, Derek Llambias (Ashley’s rh man ) the Easedales and Graham Carr to buy out Crawford Rae and move in.......may be the goings on that made McKinnon uneasy and bailing out?
    Ashley has his faults but I think for club like Morton this gives them big chance of progressing. Doesn’t take much money for a billionaire to outspend the Scottish championship.

I reckon ray didn’t know about this or it might have encouraged him to hang around

Cana blame McKinnon for moving, its a f ucking sh1t hole of a place, chunt of a commute from Bonnie Dundee too!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)