+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some good news (Wembley)

Some good news (Wembley)

We are not selling it,well not for now anyway.Khan as withdrawn his offer.

What does this mean for England then? Is the national team tied to Wembley again or can the roadshow go on? The atmosphere at Wembley for England games is pants compared to when they play around the country.

Aren't we one of the few countries in Europe that has a national stadium?
    I'm pretty sure most of the other nations play in a range of locations and it was great when England did that while the new Wembley was being built.
    I remember going to watch them at Old Trafford and the atmosphere was terrific.
    There's no doubt that the national stadium is iconic (and I've really enjoyed going there with the Millers 😊 ) but it seems unfair that all the England matches are played there as it's not the easiest place to get to and from.

I don't understand how this is good news? Greg Clark promised that £500m of the proceeds of any sale would be invested in improving infrastructure at grass roots level with a massive rolling programme of improvement to pitches, training facilities and changing rooms. The government would insist on the pledge being honoured and a namber of sources have argued that such an injection by the FA would attract equivalent private investment and change the face of grassroots football in England forever. Instead the money stays locked up in real estate in NW London. Why rejoice?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I don't understand how this is good news? Greg Clark promised that £500m of the proceeds of any sale would be invested in improving infrastructure at grass roots level with a massive rolling programme of improvement to pitches, training facilities and changing rooms. The government would insist on the pledge being honoured and a namber of sources have argued that such an injection by the FA would attract equivalent private investment and change the face of grassroots football in England forever. Instead the money stays locked up in real estate in NW London. Why rejoice?
    Beat me too it Monty, this is a massive loss for grass roots football.

Not interested in Wembley whatsoever

namber
    Your getting posh Monty. Namber! You will be drinking tea from a bone china tea cup with your little finger sticking out next!

But the rest of your post is very decent.

It cost £757 m to build he offers £600m when as real estate in NW London go down.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 18-10-2018 at 01:45 PM.