+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Public v Private - the great neo-liberal con trick

OT: Public v Private - the great neo-liberal con trick

I see NCM is as full of misguided Tories as it ever was.
    Please digest this excellent article from the Guardian and argue your way out of the corner.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lism-taxpayers

Apologies for a political fred, but this bored has hardly been a dynamic entity in the last 4 weeks, has it?
    As usual, just give it the bum's rush if politics bores you.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Please digest this excellent article from the Guardian and argue your way out of the corner.

Apologies for a political fred, but this bored has hardly been a dynamic entity in the last 4 weeks, has it?
    "bored"? Deliberate pun?

... ah, Snobhead 2 believing economists. What a surprise. It accounts for his interminable quality of disappearing up his own 'aperture'.

I don't usually get involved in political debates. Main reason is that I am a busy guy and I generally don't have the time to think through my answers or read a newspaper in sufficient enough depth to be educated enough to give an informed opinion. It's certainly an interesting article but you can make anything look how you want which is exactly what the Guardian have done here. The article starts off by blaming Margaret Thatcher. Really? Margaret Thatcher inherited the UK in an absolutely disgraceful state following the horrendous mismanagement of the previous Labour Government and not just financially either. Did she make a few doozies? Erm yes she did. Did she leave the UK in a far better state than when she found it? Erm yes she did ( ignore the Council Tax please). The thing that is going to kill the UK now is of course the dreaded B word. A Tory balls up on scale de grande and probably a pretty good reason never to vote for them again. Looking at the counter argument to the article which I think is basically stating that if the UK had not sold off all of its assets and kept the public service we would have a much better balance sheet. How can you possibly state that is the case? I see no projections or figures to back this argument anywhere in the article . How do we know that we would not be paying 10p more in the pound in tax to fund such a strategy? The answer like Brexit is of course that we don't know what we don't know. The argument deserves no more than a flittering, glance a polite chuckle and a perfectly timed throw into the trash bin once consumed. If a more convincing article can present alternative scenarios I might take it seriously.

... it's Snobhead 2. He really has lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it's Snobhead 2. He really has lost the plot.
    I would highly doubt anyone has ever conceded their point or truly "lost" a political argument on the internet. Sid is entitled to his view and I certainly dont think he is a snob. I could throw a few other insults his way but thats not the point of the post. The point of the post was that Tory privatisation has made things a lot more expensive for the general public and resulted in poorer service than if we had a state based supply and fund model. Coupled with that is the argument that we are asset poor as a result as well. Actually I should say you not we. My response to that is - really? Prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    "bored"? Deliberate pun?
    He will say it is even if it wasn't, Sidney doesn't make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He will say it is even if it wasn't, Sidney doesn't make mistakes.
    It's Sydney not Sidney

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    It's Sydney not Sidney
    Deliberate pun

Smile

You actually mean people still read the Morning Star...oh sorry, The failing Guardian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast