+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Public v Private - the great neo-liberal con trick

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I don't usually get involved in political debates. Main reason is that I am a busy guy and I generally don't have the time to think through my answers or read a newspaper in sufficient enough depth to be educated enough to give an informed opinion. It's certainly an interesting article but you can make anything look how you want which is exactly what the Guardian have done here. The article starts off by blaming Margaret Thatcher. Really? Margaret Thatcher inherited the UK in an absolutely disgraceful state following the horrendous mismanagement of the previous Labour Government and not just financially either. Did she make a few doozies? Erm yes she did. Did she leave the UK in a far better state than when she found it? Erm yes she did ( ignore the Council Tax please). The thing that is going to kill the UK now is of course the dreaded B word. A Tory balls up on scale de grande and probably a pretty good reason never to vote for them again. Looking at the counter argument to the article which I think is basically stating that if the UK had not sold off all of its assets and kept the public service we would have a much better balance sheet. How can you possibly state that is the case? I see no projections or figures to back this argument anywhere in the article . How do we know that we would not be paying 10p more in the pound in tax to fund such a strategy? The answer like Brexit is of course that we don't know what we don't know. The argument deserves no more than a flittering, glance a polite chuckle and a perfectly timed throw into the trash bin once consumed. If a more convincing article can present alternative scenarios I might take it seriously.
    Oh Queenie, you sad lad. IMF / University of Greenwich report. No background or statistics? Did you really read with care? This is not a blame Thatcher or Tory v Labour diatribe. What he is saying is that shrinking the state and lowering taxes does not bring affluence or happiness to a country.
    Similarly, ridding us of EU regulation will not improve anything. US food regulations care only for profit not for the health of consumers.
    The dismantling of the NHS would be a part of this shrinkage if the Tories thought they could get away with it too.

Still, your response is a league table above anything produced by that pathetic Black Horse t w a t. He only talks in cliches.
    Btw, bored was an intentional pun. I'm tired of this bored.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oh Queenie, you sad lad. IMF / University of Greenwich report. No background or statistics? Did you really read with care? This is not a blame Thatcher or Tory v Labour diatribe. What he is saying is that shrinking the state and lowering taxes does not bring affluence or happiness to a country.
    Similarly, ridding us of EU regulation will not improve anything. US food regulations care only for profit not for the health of consumers.
    The dismantling of the NHS would be a part of this shrinkage if the Tories thought they could get away with it too.

Still, your response is a league table above anything produced by that pathetic Black Horse t w a t. He only talks in cliches.
    Btw, bored was an intentional pun. I'm tired of this bored.
    Everyone has their own interpretation. I don't see any statistics that allow me to make an informed and impartial decision, just the usual media bias I would expect from most newspapers. I've seen more plausible explanations in the Daily Mail! In my life I can't remember any political party promising affluence and happiness and actually "really" achieving it can you? I would have thought anyone with even a small brain would know that political promises are about as accurate as a North Korean missile test but that didn't stop the majority of idiot POMS voting for Brexit I see. The masters of their own stupidity! FWIW I agree with you re: Brexit. It's the classic case of robbing Peter to Pay Paul. Or should I say robbing Brussels to pay for Nigel Farages after dinner speaking circuit slush fund. The fact that man ran a mile once the damage was done tells me all I need to know about him - a league table below the black horse I'd say. And did I read with care? Certainly not I don't have all day for political arguments on the internet I've got employees to sack in the name of short term profit and suppliers to re-negotiate trade contracts with thanks to Donald Trump and his trade war. In the mean time you keep on being well read and I'll keep living in the real world you sad lad! QP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12