+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

Marine fc home or away after they have hopefully knocked Salford out on saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    The parachute payments for coming out of the PL is far greater than £1m,Alfs right about the £75m but with the tv rights and various other add ons it's around £100million
    I've got no problem with clubs like Burnley getting their chance to dip their toes in the big pool but it's clubs like the top six that gorge themselves on the money they no can't stand
    Sorry, I meant £100m, fingers not keeping up with brain haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Probably right, but I would say that the FA Cup has only lost it's way for clubs at the top level, who hold all the power. The lower down the leagues you go, the more the magic is still there. I will be tuning in eagerly to BBC2 at 7pm on Monday.
    Wow...just wow....you ridicule me (plus the 1,000 plus Notts fans that turned up for the Checkatrade) and tell everyone to boycott the "tinpot trophy"....."because the big clubs have devalued it by playing their reserve teams"

When I point out that Coventry and Lincoln got behind the Checkatrade and picked up circa £500,000, spent the money on better players and advanced their teams....I'm called a whore.

NOW, it's the FA Cup and the top teams are playing their "B teams" it's different?????.......according to you it's ok for Notts to take part because of "the romance"?....I really am confused as you seem to change your mind on issues depending on what side of the bed you get out of

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Wow...just wow....you ridicule me (plus the 1,000 plus Notts fans that turned up for the Checkatrade) and tell everyone to boycott the "tinpot trophy"....."because the big clubs have devalued it by playing their reserve teams"

When I point out that Coventry and Lincoln got behind the Checkatrade and picked up circa £500,000, spent the money on better players and advanced their teams....I'm called a whore.

NOW, it's the FA Cup and the top teams are playing their "B teams" it's different?????.......according to you it's ok for Notts to take part because of "the romance"?....I really am confused as you seem to change your mind on issues depending on what side of the bed you get out of
    Holy Shyte

Brexiters: We write by and far away the most stupid, ill informed guff on NCM.

Tarquin: Hold my beer.

What a daft post!

It's nothing to do with the big clubs playing their B teams in the Checkatrade and devaluing it ... it's because they are in there at all and it's the start of them trying to be able to enter B teams in the FL.

Of course we take part in the FA Cup - I don't think it's right that the bigger teams don't play their first team, I don't agree with playing the semis at Wembley ... but especially in the first couple of rounds, the romance is there.

A lot of things seem to confuse you, so I'll try and explain because I haven't changed my mind one tiny little bit. The Pisspot Trophy seemed a good idea at the time it started because it gave two level 3 and 4 clubs the chance of a day out at Wembley. It never really took off, but I still used to go to the home games. The introduction of Premiership B teams changed that for the vast majority of fans, who saw it as the first step to getting them into the Football League, replacing real clubs and destroying over a century of history and tradition. A campaign for a nationwide boycott was started, and I am a firm supporter of it.

I still love the FA Cup, it seems an irrelevance to the top teams but it still retains it's magic for the lower clubs. Two very different things, and I haven't changed my mind on either in the slightest. If you are too stupid to see the difference that's your problem, not mine.

[QUOTE=BigFatPie;39040081

Brexiters: We write by and far away the most stupid, ill informed guff on NCM.

You underestimate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A lot of things seem to confuse you, so I'll try and explain because I haven't changed my mind one tiny little bit. The Pisspot Trophy seemed a good idea at the time it started because it gave two level 3 and 4 clubs the chance of a day out at Wembley. It never really took off, but I still used to go to the home games. The introduction of Premiership B teams changed that for the vast majority of fans, who saw it as the first step to getting them into the Football League, replacing real clubs and destroying over a century of history and tradition. A campaign for a nationwide boycott was started, and I am a firm supporter of it.

I still love the FA Cup, it seems an irrelevance to the top teams but it still retains it's magic for the lower clubs. Two very different things, and I haven't changed my mind on either in the slightest. If you are too stupid to see the difference that's your problem, not mine.
    OK......so it's fine for Man City or Newcastle to field their U23s against us in the FA Cup, because it's "romantic"....but it's not ok for them to field the same 11 players against us last week in the Checkatrade because some bright spark started a national boycott campaign against OFFICIAL U23 teams.

Personally I think that is a hypocritical position to take and typical of your argumentative position on most subjects.....one minute you are arguing for a position (and slagging off anyone who dares to suggest otherwise) whilst the next you are taking the opposite view....I guess it takes all sorts!!
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 18-10-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What a daft post!

It's nothing to do with the big clubs playing their B teams in the Checkatrade and devaluing it ... it's because they are in there at all and it's the start of them trying to be able to enter B teams in the FL.

Of course we take part in the FA Cup - I don't think it's right that the bigger teams don't play their first team, I don't agree with playing the semis at Wembley ... but especially in the first couple of rounds, the romance is there.
    So the "romance" is there for the first few rounds?......after that, when we end up drawn to play Newcastle or Man City U23s (unofficially), we should boycott the fixture because they are "devaluing the FA Cup"?.......got it.

OK......so it's fine for Man City to field their U23s against us in the FA Cup, because it's "romantic"....but it's not ok for them to field the same 11 players against us last week in the Checkatrade because some bright spark started a national boycott campaign against OFFICIAL U23 teams.

Personally I think that is a hypocritical position to take and typical of your argumentative position on most subjects.....one minute you are arguing for a position (and slagging off anyone who dares to suggest otherwise) whilst the next you are taking the opposite view....I guess it takes all sorts!!
    Can't you understand?

It is not about entering under-strength teams in the FA Cup.

It's about them being in the Checkatrade Trophy in any form.

It's not hard ... just think about it carefully and one day, the penny might drop (although it seems to be taking an awful long time).

I assume you'll be happy if Prem & Championship teams can enter B teams in Leagues 1 or 2?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast