+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know how your team are doing this season Navy and how they are playing etc., but the Fa cup does throw up some big surprises at times doesn't it, that really do go against league form.
    Ive seen your lot at Oakwell many times over the years, and I especially liked the rivalry when Colin W* was your manager and you went up to the First Division in season 1990-91 (before it became the Premier League of course!).
    Lets just say its not been good mate.

ps . Neil Warnock was our manager when we went up and the only Notts manager I can think of with the name Colin is Murphy, and he came after Warnock.
    Last edited by navypie; 22-10-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Ee bah gum that’s a tough draw. Mind, not as ard as draws we used to get when I were lad. We ad to walk 20 miles in obnail boots back then, after 16 hours down pit, and still get flogged for been late when we got back ‘ome.
    Don't be daft kid, it wasn't anything like 20 miles. I measured it with a little 30 centi-metre school ruler, and it was 19.27 miles actually. And I never ever say ee by gum, thats only a vicious rumour which nobody on here can prove.
    Last edited by Acido; 22-10-2018 at 08:13 PM.

So lads, your coming to Oakwell again for a lovely little Fa cup 1st round tie.
    We're going well this season in Lg One and are unbeaten at home so far, but those play offs or even automatic promotion itself are and always will be the priority. This means you've a more than good chance of 'surprising' us in this tie.
    Ayup Acido,as soon as I saw us being drawn out against Barnsley i thought of you,I don't fancy our chances but it's not that far away so I will be attending

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Ayup Acido,as soon as I saw us being drawn out against Barnsley i thought of you,I don't fancy our chances but it's not that far away so I will be attending
    Maybe that tight Yawkshireman Acido will put his short arms in his deep pockets and buy you a pint Chalky ? Then again you will probably have to buy the tight git one..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Maybe that tight Yawkshireman Acido will put his short arms in his deep pockets and buy you a pint Chalky ? Then again you will probably have to buy the tight git one..lol
    You finished your travels Alf?
    Good to see you posting regularly around the forums again

Great minds think alike Chalky, I thought of what you and your comments would be as well, when I saw the draw lol.
    I hope we can have a great Fa cup run again one day, but in almost every season, I tell myself that the league campaign counts the most etc (and this is usually after a loss of course!).
    Im not being dismissive here, but my thoughts at the moment are that this tie could go either way, for various reasons.

And Navy, in case you didn't know, Colin W*kr is an insulting anagram of Neil Warnock's name. Thats what I was on about.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Lets just say its not been good mate.

ps . Neil Warnock was our manager when we went up and the only Notts manager I can think of with the name Colin is Murphy, and he came after Warnock.
    Come on shipmate, surely you must know why Mr Warnock is called Colin by now?

Great minds think alike Chalky, I thought of what you and your comments would be as well, when I saw the draw lol.
    I hope we can have a great Fa cup run again one day, but in almost every season, I tell myself that the league campaign counts the most etc (and this is usually after a loss of course!).
    Im not being dismissive here, but my thoughts at the moment are that this tie could go either way, for various reasons.

And Navy, in case you didn't know, Colin W*kr is an insulting anagram of Neil Warnock's name. Thats what I was on about.
    Well you learn something new everyday, I have never heard that before. What a sheltered life I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Come on shipmate, surely you must know why Mr Warnock is called Colin by now?
    Well I do now .

You finished your travels Alf?
    Good to see you posting regularly around the forums again
    No..I'm actually in North Yawkshire for the week Chalky.. spending my hard earned pension money ..

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast