+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

The FA Cup

This year's FA Cup draw is being made live on BBC 2 at 7pm this Monday,who would you like given the choice,anybody but non league for me

Looks like the final will still be at Wembley as the deal to buy it has fallen through.. Maybe it's Nottm County's year Chalky mate ?

Of all the options available I would probably go for Alfreton away despite the banana skin potential. I couldn't help but notice that Dunston UTS, the lowest ranked team left in the competition got their dream draw at home to Gateshead, who play less than 4 miles away. The game has been selected for broadcast on BBC media platforms, which will give a fantastic boost to Dunston's finances. This is what the romance of the FA Cup is all about, because these days it means far more to lower league clubs than it does the big boys in the Premiership who seem to see it as an irritation.

My team is in the Premiership at the moment,maybe not at the end of the season,but I would love to see them go on an F.A. cup run ,but it never seems to happen.. To my disgust,The management just seem to play with the squad players and not the first teamers . They don't give a toss what the fans want..The FA cup has lost its way some years ago now Elite..

Burnley have done well to stay in the Premier League for as long as they have Alf,the £100 million that they will get for getting relegated will sweeten the taste no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    My team is in the Premiership at the moment,maybe not at the end of the season,but I would love to see them go on an F.A. cup run ,but it never seems to happen.. To my disgust,The management just seem to play with the squad players and not the first teamers . They don't give a toss what the fans want..The FA cup has lost its way some years ago now Elite..
    Probably right, but I would say that the FA Cup has only lost it's way for clubs at the top level, who hold all the power. The lower down the leagues you go, the more the magic is still there. I will be tuning in eagerly to BBC2 at 7pm on Monday.

Assuming we will be comfortably lower-mid table by December and not likely to trouble the top 7 this campaign, the FA Cup takes on more importance. Let's have no repeat of an 8-1 thrashing though, thanks.

I hope we get Jamie Fullarton's Halifax, that'll be a laugh. They are still in it, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Burnley have done well to stay in the Premier League for as long as they have Alf,the £100 million that they will get for getting relegated will sweeten the taste no doubt
    Its actually 150 million Chalky ( 75 million for two seasons) obscene isn't it ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Its actually 150 million Chalky ( 75 million for two seasons) obscene isn't it ..
    I think the £1m is the parachute payment + £75m just for being In the PL … or something like that. Either way it’s just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think the £1m is the parachute payment + £75m just for being In the PL … or something like that. Either way it’s just ludicrous.
    The parachute payments for coming out of the PL is far greater than £1m,Alfs right about the £75m but with the tv rights and various other add ons it's around £100million
    I've got no problem with clubs like Burnley getting their chance to dip their toes in the big pool but it's clubs like the top six that gorge themselves on the money they no can't stand

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast