+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Holy Shyte

Brexiters: We write by and far away the most stupid, ill informed guff on NCM.

Tarquin: Hold my beer.
    No idea what this means....is there a translator in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    OK......so it's fine for Man City or Newcastle to field their U23s against us in the FA Cup, because it's "romantic"....but it's not ok for them to field the same 11 players against us last week in the Checkatrade because some bright spark started a national boycott campaign against OFFICIAL U23 teams.

Personally I think that is a hypocritical position to take and typical of your argumentative position on most subjects.....one minute you are arguing for a position (and slagging off anyone who dares to suggest otherwise) whilst the next you are taking the opposite view....I guess it takes all sorts!!
    I'm pretty sure you're only arguing because it's me. The only other option is that you are pigsh!t thick. Ignore the fact I've posted it, just type 'Checkatrade Trophy boycott' into google and it will be explained clearly by diehard fans the length and breadth of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Can't you understand?

It is not about entering under-strength teams in the FA Cup.

It's about them being in the Checkatrade Trophy in any form.

It's not hard ... just think about it carefully and one day, the penny might drop (although it seems to be taking an awful long time).

I assume you'll be happy if Prem & Championship teams can enter B teams in Leagues 1 or 2?
    Can't I understand?....errrrr, no

Both you and the other idiot appear to be saying that a boycott of the Checkatrade is justified because Premier League clubs have registered U23 sides......ok, I got that bit.......BUT then you both admit that Premier Clubs do the same in the FA Cup, but that is somehow justified because of the "romance".......IMO, as soon as we spot we are playing an under-strength team in the 3rd round, we should boycott that round....just to be consistent.

Has the peso dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're only arguing because it's me. The only other option is that you are pigsh!t thick. Ignore the fact I've posted it, just type 'Checkatrade Trophy boycott' into google and it will be explained clearly by diehard fans the length and breadth of the country.
    I'm pretty sure that intelligence has nothing to do with this.....it's a matter of hypocrisy

Both you and the other idiot appear to be saying that a boycott of the Checkatrade is justified because Premier League clubs have registered U23 sides......ok, I got that bit.......BUT then you both admit that Premier Clubs do the same in the FA Cup, but that is somehow justified because of the "romance".......IMO, as soon as we spot we are playing an under-strength team in the 3rd round, we should boycott that round....just to be consistent.

Has the peso dropped?
    So answer this question for us all - would you be happy if the Premiership bunged a few pennies so that their B teams could take the place of real clubs (maybe Notts) in the Football League? None of your usual evasive bullsh!t, just give a simple yes or no.

Has the peso dropped?
    I will make it simple.

It is because they have any side at all in the Checkatrade. The reason being, that we see it as a step towards them getting B teams into the league.

In the FA Cup they can do what they like.
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 18-10-2018 at 03:03 PM.

So answer this question for us all - would you be happy if the Premiership bunged a few pennies so that their B teams could take the place of real clubs (maybe Notts) in the Football League? None of your usual evasive bullsh!t, just give a simple yes or no.
    Of course I wouldn't.

Edit - That's a NO

Of course I wouldn't.

Edit - That's a NO
    Wow, a chink of light! The introduction of B teams into the Football league is pretty much the sole reason for the Checkatrade boycott. Many of us fans of lower league clubs (87% if I remember right) see this as a first step to this happening. Now do you see why this is completely different to playing a weakened team in the FA Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I will make it simple.

It is because they have any side at all in the Checkatrade. The reason being, that we see it as a step towards them getting B teams into the league.

In the FA Cup they can do what they like.
    This answer has no logic......Checkatrade, Premier B teams = possible B teams in League = boycott (and delight when we are knocked out)?.......FA Cup, Premier B teams = unbridled passion and romance (and full grounds), without any threat to Premier B teams in the League?

So the Premier teams are using the Checkatrade as Trojan Horse to enter the EFL?.....but not the FA Cup (and presumably the Caribou Cup) which we happily take part in, despite Premier Clubs never allowing their top 11 players to enter until the later rounds, and usually against other Premier Clubs.

I understand your concerns but until I see some proof of this "plot", I'm inclined to see this as an overactive imagination sprinkled with a hefty dose of hypocrisy

Wow, a chink of light! The introduction of B teams into the Football league is pretty much the sole reason for the Checkatrade boycott. Many of us fans of lower league clubs (87% if I remember right) see this as a first step to this happening. Now do you see why this is completely different to playing a weakened team in the FA Cup?
    Do you have any proof of this?....or is this just another "gut instinct" call, similar to your "we will all be 5% worse off after Brexit"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast