+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'petty point-scoring tactics'

Sums up your first paragraph pretty well!
    Nothing can spoil my day, not even you MM......an inch of rain overnight and the garden looks delightful, the Naughty Nurse is on her way shortly, taking her fortnightly 5 hr round-trip from the big city, the workers are busy building a secondary outer wall on my driveway to slow down the narco-nutters from scaling the outer walls and taking me hostage (3 more heads in bags dumped in the last few weeks within a few miles of my hacienda, no idea why, but I guess the narco wars are hotting up, again.......easily 30 odd murders this year in a town of only 60,000) .......plus the beers are cold and I'm off out tonight to dinner.

Play nicely children.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    no matter how much you try to argue the point, 6 IS NOT the average of zero and 10.....you need Adult Education classes old boy.
    It was never a point I argued in the first place. I simply said that my ratings are based on 6 being a reasonable, competent performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was never a point I argued in the first place. I simply said that my ratings are based on 6 being a reasonable, competent performance.
    Really?.......so this is not you, arguing that 6 is the midpoint between 3 and 9?....then conveniently saying that we should stick to your system in case it confuses people?

0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - FIVE - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

I marked three players below a 5....and four players marginally above "average" ie at 5.5.....IMO nobody warranted a full point above "average"......has that explained it better to everyone?

Elite posted
    It's explained it from your point of view, but it's not something I can agree with. Firstly, 0/10 shouldn't be on the scale, as it's only ever used as a knee-jerk drama queen rating. It would really mean that every single thing the player did all game was bad, and nothing he did was in any way positive. My ratings are usually between 4 and 8 with the occasional 3 or 9 for a very poor or very good performance. On that 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 basis, 6 is the 'acceptable' or mid point. I always enjoy the ratings threads especially when I'm not at the game and appreciate any input, but it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards

Really?.......so this is not you, arguing that 6 is the midpoint between 3 and 9?....then conveniently saying that we should stick to your system in case it confuses people?
    The usual pack of lies and invention. Where did I say that we should stick to my system? I didn't, you made it up.

My actual words were:

If you read the whole post, I thanked you and everyone else for posting your ratings, but simply said that they only really make sense if we all post them using the same standard. I don't care whether that standard is yours or mine.
    So did I say "we should stick to my system", or did you just make it up?

The usual pack of lies and invention. Where did I say that we should stick to my system? I didn't, you made it up.

My actual words were:

So did I say "we should stick to my system", or did you just make it up?
    I've already copied-n-pasted what you posted ie I always enjoy the ratings threads especially when I'm not at the game and appreciate any input, but it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards
    ....this was in response to 3 or 4 people saying that my ratings for the Cobblers game seemed "mean" ie low....when I explained that I was using an average of 0 to 10 ie 5, you jumped in with the above Pavlovian response, said that the midpoint of your 3 to 9 scoring system was conveniently a 6 and ended with the "it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards " comment......so what were you trying to tell everyone? YOU DID NOT SAY "I DON'T CARE WHOSE SYSTEM WE ARE USING" until after I called you a prick (a position that I still hold!)......and you went on the defensive by pretending that you weren't winding me up.......(your shadow MM joined in as well I notice)

You have used a different post (29) to counter my previous copy-n-paste of (23) which is an effort by you to pretend that it was not your intention to, once again, denigrate my forum contribution......you are merely trying your normal tactic of pretending to "play fair", which is as far away from the truth as one could get.

I've already copied-n-pasted what you posted ie I always enjoy the ratings threads especially when I'm not at the game and appreciate any input, but it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards
    ....this was in response to 3 or 4 people saying that my ratings for the Cobblers game seemed "mean" ie low....when I explained that I was using an average of 0 to 10 ie 5, you jumped in with the above Pavlovian response, said that the midpoint of your 3 to 9 scoring system was conveniently a 6 and ended with the "it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards " comment......so what were you trying to tell everyone? YOU DID NOT SAY "I DON'T CARE WHOSE SYSTEM WE ARE USING" until after I called you a prick (a position that I still hold!)......and you went on the defensive by pretending that you weren't winding me up.......(your shadow MM joined in as well I notice)

You have used a different post (29) to counter my previous copy-n-paste of (23) which is an effort by you to pretend that it was not your intention to, once again, denigrate my forum contribution......you are merely trying your normal tactic of pretending to "play fair", which is as far away from the truth as one could get.
    As usual, you have avoided the question completely. At any point on that thread (I'll link it) did I say at any time that people should stick to my system? Or is it a lie that you made up?

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38228846

As usual, you have avoided the question completely. At any point on that thread (I'll link it) did I say at any time that people should stick to my system? Or is it a lie that you made up?

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38228846
    I have already replied to you....you did not use the actual words "stick to my system"......you told everyone that 6 was a midpoint score (so did your buddy MM) THEN SAID "IT GETS CONFUSING IF WE USE DIFFERENT METHODS"........you never said anything about "I don't care whose system we use" until later in the thread.

Timeline and context is critical to most of the arguments on here, and you are the expert at twisting an argument.
    I started a thread "Cobblers Match Ratings"
    I used an average of 5
    Various people were "confused"
    I explained myself, being relatively new to Match Ratings (first season with iFollow)
    MM jumped in with "6 is the average, surely"?
    You jumped in with "Yes, I use 3 to 9 in my scoring, 6 is the midpoint, but it gets confusing if we all have different standards"....post 23?
    Later you added "but I don't care whose system we use"...post 29

You wanted an argument, on the Match Ratings Thread of all places and you got one, congratulations.......since then we have fought over the Checkatrade thread, the FA Cup thread and one of the iFollow threads (I think, if not we really should do!)...I'm sure everyone is fed up with it by now and several times I've been close to giving in and just ignoring you, the problem is that you see that as a victory which is a bit galling.

I'm undecided.....time for beers.

You wanted an argument, on the Match Ratings Thread of all places and you got one, congratulations.......

Really? The thread is there for all to see, and the 7 posts I made on it are perfectly polite and civil. You called me an "arrogant PRICK" (the capitals were yours) while I didn't post anything abusive at all, I even thanked you for your ratings!

Who was that poster going on about hypocrisy on the FA Cup thread?

I see yet another thread has decended in to a Tarkers/Elite slanging match...

Am I just a thick **** cos I haven’t a Scooby what these people are talking about...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast