+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Mac Fun Boss

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yes - you seem to keep making a big deal about "3 seasons and counting" yet you haven't seen your team ACTUALLY WIN ANYTHING in 46 years. So I started to wonder, are you even old enough to remember 1973 and Dundee's last trophy win.

That's all - not important for you to answer as, of course, it's none of my business.
    Like I said earlier bit of banter... and yeah do remember ,73

"3 seasons and counting"
    QUESTION:How many season in a row did the mighty Dee remain out of the top tier?

ANOTHER QUESTION: Since the 70s when the new structure began what percentage of the time was DundeeFC in the top tier?

I would make a guess at much higher percentage than united have been in the top tier since you guys were enlisted into the league's

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Like I said earlier bit of banter... and yeah do remember ,73
    I know it's banter, but the thing with banter is that it goes both ways. I just feel that your banter is a bit repetitive.

"3 seasons and counting" "3 seasons and counting" "3 seasons and counting" "3 seasons and…"

Good for you that you remember 1973. Do you have a scarf commemorating the occasion? I would guess not. Do you have a scarf commemorating United's relegation?

You don't want to state your age - fair enough. I'm 41, so I was a bit too young to remember our two League Cup wins (at Dens) but I do remember our League Championship and the two Scottish cup wins, along with the European cup semi, UEFA cup final, ump**** other European games, ump**** national finals and semi finals and in that time, only 4 seasons spent outside the top league.

I also remember Dundee spending a fair chunk of that time in a lower league, going through administration (TWICE), losing a B&Q cup final (but it's awright, 'cuz they had a memorable scarf twirling session), and invading the pitch after securing a top 6 place. I don't remember Dundee featuring in many European ties or cup finals/semi finals though.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    A new team of loanees though apart from Nelson, Curran and the crocked Davies, the first of which is a good signing tbf

You probably will finish 10th (as you should) because of the two awful sides you are fortunate to have in the division this year that have kept you hopeful and well in it all the time despite embarrassing form all season, you have 1 pt more than Utd had at this stage (less goals and more conceded though), and we won our next two games to move onto 20pts (Hearts at home and County away), the gap was too big to 11th though (the nearest teams were all in 22pts or more when we had 10pts), we'd have stayed up if there were two sides doing equally bad at this stage

Like for like going back to 2016, our home crowds were excellent with 6-7 k utd fans turning out at Tannadice during this period and regular 4 figures on the road, interesting to see the contrast with the fun in the same position, nothing like the same backing
    Yup we have a few loan players,most teams do that are struggling(did you not start 3 last game?)
    As I said we are both underachieving,our budget is top 6 in the league yet here we are in 11th,you boys have prob had the best budget in all of your 3 seasons in the fizzy pop yet are still there in 3rd and not clear at the top where you should be.
    Both down to bad choices of manager and we now have new managers trying to rectify it.As for crowds,these figures bore me as if I,m honest I,m amazed we get any more than a couple of thousand due to decades of mismanagement and yoyoing between leagues.
    Ask yourself this if in 3 years time,you are still in the lower leagues and the yank has upped and left do you think your crowds will be the same??Your club like most have lost fans due to a number of reasons,I think your main one was Stephen Thompson and the lack of bigger games.We had a 7 year jolly without the luxury of play offs so you lads are fortunate in this change.Think about it rationally for once without your obvious hatred of dundee fc(i get that by the way)

We have a big budget now but that's a very recent thing. It's speculative but I reckon our budget would have decreased every season we've been down, right up until now. Reduced attendances and the ending of parachute payments being the main factors.

I know it's banter, but the thing with banter is that it goes both ways. I just feel that your banter is a bit repetitive.

"3 seasons and counting" "3 seasons and counting" "3 seasons and counting" "3 seasons and…"

Good for you that you remember 1973. Do you have a scarf commemorating the occasion? I would guess not. Do you have a scarf commemorating United's relegation?

You don't want to state your age - fair enough. I'm 41, so I was a bit too young to remember our two League Cup wins (at Dens) but I do remember our League Championship and the two Scottish cup wins, along with the European cup semi, UEFA cup final, ump**** other European games, ump**** national finals and semi finals and in that time, only 4 seasons spent outside the top league.

I also remember Dundee spending a fair chunk of that time in a lower league, going through administration (TWICE), losing a B&Q cup final (but it's awright, 'cuz they had a memorable scarf twirling session), and invading the pitch after securing a top 6 place. I don't remember Dundee featuring in many European ties or cup finals/semi finals though.
    Don't have a scarf...sorry about my repetition...but it may be 4 soon
    For all the success you've seen you seem to have a real dislike for the city's Premier team...

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Don't have a scarf...sorry about my repetition...but it may be 4 soon
    For all the success you've seen you seem to have a real dislike for the city's Premier team...
    you really are a wind up merchant. I quite like it tbh!!

But you do have sambas, a tully, staypress, black and white memories of cup wins and a tache??? Could be 4 but wont be 5. Thats my thoughts on the matter lol. I love Dens Im near 50 (71 is JMc not my DO and was a good age to remember the 1,2,3 we won at dens. Doesnt match the doon derby i get ya but boy what a great way to grow up though. Here is my list of away european games:

Lens
    Manchester
    Barcelona
    Monchenglagbach
    Gothenburg
    Belfast
    Athens
    Myllykoski

that makes me a part time supporter in our heady days btw

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    you really are a wind up merchant. I quite like it tbh!!

But you do have sambas, a tully, staypress, black and white memories of cup wins and a tache??? Could be 4 but wont be 5. Thats my thoughts on the matter lol. I love Dens Im near 50 (71 is JMc not my DO and was a good age to remember the 1,2,3 we won at dens. Doesnt match the doon derby i get ya but boy what a great way to grow up though. Here is my list of away european games:

Lens
    Manchester
    Barcelona
    Monchenglagbach
    Gothenburg
    Belfast
    Athens
    Myllykoski

that makes me a part time supporter in our heady days btw
    Impressive list SB71 - the only 'away' tie I managed to get to in European competition was Old Trafford.

It was a brilliant experience. Especially 2nd half when we started to show them the class we had. I think the Man U fans were a bit bemused by the 'United!' chants echoing around the stadium that were coming from us. Don't think they were used to that at all.

That was an away trip that will always stick in the mind. I don't know how many we took down there, but it must've been around 4.5 - 5k. Tremendous support that backed the team from 1st minute til last.

got the bus down for OT - left Dundee at 6 am or something stupid. Breakfast in the pub beforehand - i had never experienced a pub being open a 5am and with 200 fans in it. I was still quite young then and slept off my pre bus beers on the bus lol

Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)