+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Mac Fun Boss

I think that the main concern for the Dee's is that we would have appeared to have hit our lowest and are now beginning to show signs of recovery ...they on the other hand, are in freefall and will just have to wait to see how far they will fall....pretty much where we have been for the past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I think that the main concern for the Dee's is that we would have appeared to have hit our lowest and are now beginning to show signs of recovery ...they on the other hand, are in freefall and will just have to wait to see how far they will fall....pretty much where we have been for the past few seasons.
    We are going down as we are the worst team in the league due to the appointment of 2 inept managers,think you lot did the same when mixu got appointed.The problem we have is our benefactor has little to do with the day to day running and his man in charge is failing big time.Nae idea how far we will fall but we have saw it all before im afraid.I,d be quite happy with a team capable of challenging in the pub league next season and maybe getting some young players back in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    We are going down as we are the worst team in the league due to the appointment of 2 inept managers,think you lot did the same when mixu got appointed.The problem we have is our benefactor has little to do with the day to day running and his man in charge is failing big time.Nae idea how far we will fall but we have saw it all before im afraid.I,d be quite happy with a team capable of challenging in the pub league next season and maybe getting some young players back in the team.
    It’s actually a ridiculous state of affairs isn’t it? Should we fail to get promoted this season, which all joking aside I would put at 50/50 currently, then you are looking at a Premier League next season with Ross County, Hamilton, St Mirren, Livingston and the biggest minter (for the City Of Dundee that is), St Johnstone. On a fraction of the budget and crowds of both our teams, the latter have not only survived but actually thrived. I would suggest the reason for that is off pitch stability, organisation and structure. Every member of that Club’s staff from bottom up are pulling in the same direction. Contrast that with both United and Dundee the last few years. Chucking large amounts of money at a problem only works if your appropriate systems work well. Otherwise you may as well piss it against the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It’s actually a ridiculous state of affairs isn’t it? Should we fail to get promoted this season, which all joking aside I would put at 50/50 currently, then you are looking at a Premier League next season with Ross County, Hamilton, St Mirren, Livingston and the biggest minter (for the City Of Dundee that is), St Johnstone. On a fraction of the budget and crowds of both our teams, the latter have not only survived but actually thrived. I would suggest the reason for that is off pitch stability, organisation and structure. Every member of that Club’s staff from bottom up are pulling in the same direction. Contrast that with both United and Dundee the last few years. Chucking large amounts of money at a problem only works if your appropriate systems work well. Otherwise you may as well piss it against the wall.
    Yup yer spot on,we had the 6th biggest budget in the league and are finishing worst team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post

I see what you are saying but don't lump us in with the fun please like we are equal, we are the bigger club simple as that, we had a long sustained period of being up there, 9 years in a row before a sudden drastic fall due to mismanagement, those clubs you mention, not one of them finished above us before our sudden meltdown, we are going to recover whether now or next season

The fun have been a shyte yoyo club for decades and finishing below those clubs is the norm for them, and looking at crowds are getting closer to those clubs by the year (while in the top flight!!)

The city will cope just fine if there is a season with no side in the top flight, it was OK in 1995/96 and I'm sure it was in late 30's and 40's

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I see what you are saying but don't lump us in with the fun please like we are equal, we are the bigger club simple as that, we had a long sustained period of being up there, 9 years in a row before a sudden drastic fall due to mismanagement, those clubs you mention, not one of them finished above us before our sudden meltdown, we are going to recover whether now or next season

The fun have been a shyte yoyo club for decades and finishing below those clubs is the norm for them, and looking at crowds are getting closer to those clubs by the year (while in the top flight!!)

The city will cope just fine if there is a season with no side in the top flight, it was OK in 1995/96 and I'm sure it was in late 30's and 40's
    I hear what you are saying Sheds but the main thrust is that from being a well organised Club, probably from the beginning of Sir Peter’s final season it unravelled at an alarming rate to the stage where (hopefully!) only now, nigh on seven years down the line, is there any semblance of a structure reforming. We don't know for sure how well this will pan out, but even at best, I reckon it will take a good 3-4 seasons before we have genuinely recovered from seven years of incompetence and grossly negligent mismanagement at a boardroom level. Make no mistake, should we manage to get up this year, the hard work is only just beginning. The sad part is that it need never have happened. Thanks very much Mr Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Both clubs have been losing money and wasting money while the clubs mentioned have performed far better.We have been a yoyo club for decades now just like united were in the lower leagues for decades years ago.United gambled on getting promotion and up till now has failed,you now have like us a yank covering the losses.We have gambled on staying up this season and it has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    And if Ian McCall ****s you over in the playoffs, karma for INSOLVENCY/LIQUIDATION 4 which cost him 250k. Although like your hun cousins, it never happened
    01382 832555 i hope you pull through Sirus,give them a phone mate they are there 24/7.

Club 12

About to become club 13

Name:  Get doon!.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  14.9 KB
    Look, at the end of the day, I'm doing a job that I love, I'm relegating the Fun and getting paid for it, it's a dream come true if I'm honest.

Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)