+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wembley

Wembley

Sale of Wembley falls through.Your thoughts

1) good

2) bad

3) couldn't give a toss

3 for me..

1) for me Alf. We would have become an International West Ham, playing in a ground we didn't own.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sale of Wembley falls through.Your thoughts

1) good

2) bad

3) couldn't give a toss

3 for me..
    Evening Alf.....living in France I have difficulty in keeping up with all that goes on in the UK, specially if news or issues only concern the UK and not the rest of Europe/world, so I would like to know why the stadium was up for sale in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Evening Alf.....living in France I have difficulty in keeping up with all that goes on in the UK, specially if news or issues only concern the UK and not the rest of Europe/world, so I would like to know why the stadium was up for sale in the first place!
    On the pretext of investing millions into grass roots football but most likely to line their own fat pockets..(alledgedly)

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    On the pretext of investing millions into grass roots football but most likely to line their own fat pockets..(alledgedly)
    Kinnel, haven’t they got enough money already without having to sell the National stadium?
    Why not naming rights like for example “The Qatar bank Wembley Stadium” That would have nice sound to it, or the Chinese rice producers Wembley stadium.....just a suggestion.

3 for me.
    Ps David when are you getting a safety certificate for your new american bank owned stadium ?

Couldn't give a toss, the powers that be have phucked up our game through the years so nowt they do or don't do does not surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    3 for me.
    Ps David when are you getting a safety certificate for your new american bank owned stadium ?
    Do not fret Trickster, I have a meeting with Governor Brainard next week to sort out the minor details. Well done on your massive points haul for last week's Predictions! Like west ham still in a relegation dog fight.

£600,000,000 is peanuts

"Construction cost‎: ‎£789 million; (£1.09 billion t... Built‎: ‎2003–2007"

ffs we're being mugged off

and it was built by an Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    £600,000,000 is peanuts

"Construction cost‎: ‎£789 million; (£1.09 billion t... Built‎: ‎2003–2007"

ffs we're being mugged off

and it was built by an Aussie
    You could be on to something there gaz,was it built upside down? But the good news is the Fulham bloke is no longer wanting to buy Wembley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast