+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts v Dons roll call etc....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Foam hands.
    Don’t forget the foam hands.
    A good all round family experience.
    Hopefully he could bring over the yank attitude of being a winner after all I’ve never heard any yanks claiming 2nd place is a success

Haven't seen a game with as many free kicks awarded in a long time.
    Was desperate for someone to just smash Naismith in half after about 20 minutes of him diving, moaning and cheating - if it cost us a red card to absolutely half him, I'd have been willing to pay that price - got to be the most horrible little creature in Scottish football.

In terms of the performance... first half was utterly abysmal. I've no idea what the formation was... we had 2 strikers, a winger on 1 side and 3 central midfielders in central midfield. Bizarre. We barely got anywhere near their penalty box let alone create a chance.

Second half was better - we seemed a bit more up for it. McGinn and Wright definitely added the creative spark we needed. McGinn caused lots of problems and Wright turned his man a few times and was at least taking the game to them. I thought Wilson had some decent touches and link up play after Cosgrove went off. Bringing May on was pointless - when he comes on you just feel we might as well give up and go home. Adds nothing.

Hearts away was always going to be tough and the decisions all went against us too - but we've got to find ways of overcoming situations like this - we are not very streetwise. We need to ditch Cosgrove and forget about May as an option. Revert to 4231 and play players who can play football and we will start creating chances, scoring and winning...

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Wright GMS
    Wilson

That in my opinion is our best team, so please just pick it and stop faffin about with ridiculous line ups and formations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I'm certainly not of school age I'm 79. Anyway back to my whisky
    Nope you didn't understand my Kojak reference. You're more than likely a buckfast swilling 20 something

DM- Quotes on Red TV
    We where not ready - How can you not be ready
    Lacked aggression - Correct on that one

Er, I think thats part of your job scope, Thats why your on 200K a year !

just sort it out.

I will give you a get a couple of get of jail cards to day, cheating Hearts players and **** officials. But thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Haven't seen a game with as many free kicks awarded in a long time.
    Hearts fouls 21
    Our fouls 24

That is a lot

Must have been ****e to watch. Very stop start

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    DM- Quotes on Red TV
    We where not ready - How can you not be ready
    Lacked aggression - Correct on that one

Er, I think thats part of your job scope, Thats why your on 200K a year !

just sort it out.

I will give you a get a couple of get of jail cards to day, cheating Hearts players and **** officials. But thats it
    The referee was poor, but for both sides. Honestly, our penalty was hardly a stonewaller either. He was balancing the decisions, however, I posted during the game he had lost control. If DM was on your suggested 200k the parting might be somewhat easier and I obviously have no concrete proof, but I believe he is nigh on double the figure you gave. I expect it's the best job he will have in management.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hearts fouls 21
    Our fouls 24

That is a lot

Must have been ****e to watch. Very stop start
    Folk go on about Hearts being a dirty team who play turgid football...we are currently worse. We generally play shocking football as our passing is absolutely dreadful. Devlin (who I thought would be a very decent player for us) cannot pass from the back to save himself. His distribution is a disaster and the amount of times he gave the ball straight to a Hearts player was unreal. We play far too many players who simply cannot keep moving the ball sharply and don’t look uncomfortable when in possession. McInnes is still liked by a fair few fans but even they must admit his teams coaching is well below standard this season. We are nervous as hell with the ball at our feet in our own half.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Folk go on about Hearts being a dirty team who play turgid football...we are currently worse. We generally play shocking football as our passing is absolutely dreadful. Devlin (who I thought would be a very decent player for us) cannot pass from the back to save himself. His distribution is a disaster and the amount of times he gave the ball straight to a Hearts player was unreal. We play far too many players who simply cannot keep moving the ball sharply and don’t look uncomfortable when in possession. McInnes is still liked by a fair few fans but even they must admit his teams coaching is well below standard this season. We are nervous as hell with the ball at our feet in our own half.
    Fit like pal?
    Good summary as usual
    Best thing about yesterday was the Red TV reception but as it was an away game I must admit its what I've come to expect.
    I don't think it is any coincidence at all that Muppet Cosgrove was not on the park in the second half and at least we started to look like a footballing team. That donkey of a w@nk stain has lowered our acceptable standard for a player to an all time low.
    The current state that we are in is a result of some horrendous transfer windows and the fact that DM is officially passed his sell by date and should be moved on.
    We really are a fkn dire football team under his leadership, fkn dire

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The obsession of playing from the back is one of my (many) gripes about modern football. Maybe if you are Barcelona you can get away with it but for the vast majority of teams the least skilled footballers are defenders so why on earth would you want them to be knocking the ball about in their own half like they are Iniesta, just asking for trouble like you saw yesterday with Devlin and others to be fair. You even see it every week in the worlds greatest league.

With regard to us, even if we had the players with the skill to safely and confidently knock it about in our own half (which we don't), what is the purpose of that anyway? What is the plan? The theory I guess is that knock it about in your own half and eventually play it through the midfield and forward to the strikers to hopefully create chances and score goals from open play (remember them?). However all we seem to do is knock it across the defense a few times, assuming we don't lose possession in doing so, and then a defender punts it long either for Cosgrove to waste, May to chase a lost cause or GMS to watch the ball drift out for a goal kick. If that's all we are going to do why not just punt it first time and cut out the risk of a misplaced pass by a defender????

Of course a real radical idea would be to actually sign a midfielder that can play football and be comfortable with the ball at his feet who can take the ball from the defence and create something instead of just playing defensive midfielders who don't have the first idea about creating anything. Just a thought but no doubt I am probably missing a strategic masterstroke in our current style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Nope you didn't understand my Kojak reference. You're more than likely a buckfast swilling 20 something
    Of course I'm not 79 but I'm most certainly not 20 something. Wasn't a kojak fan was more into the equaliser and taxi and columbo. Partial tae the love boat as well and PCBH

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast