+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts v Dons roll call etc....

I have always supported Aberdeen when I can, whether that's attending matches when I'm in Aberdeen, watching the live games on TV or whatever. The teams under McInnes over the last 5 years or so have generally been better than the decade or more prior to his arrival. This current team, however, comprises the poorest crop of players McInness has put out since he arrived and in my view they won't win anything, I'm afraid to say, or get to any cup finals without some quality and guts being added. They are also dreadful to watch to be perfectly honest and Aberdeen F C is regressing at a rate of knots I'm afraid to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The obsession of playing from the back is one of my (many) gripes about modern football. Maybe if you are Barcelona you can get away with it but for the vast majority of teams the least skilled footballers are defenders so why on earth would you want them to be knocking the ball about in their own half like they are Iniesta, just asking for trouble like you saw yesterday with Devlin and others to be fair. You even see it every week in the worlds greatest league.

With regard to us, even if we had the players with the skill to safely and confidently knock it about in our own half (which we don't), what is the purpose of that anyway? What is the plan? The theory I guess is that knock it about in your own half and eventually play it through the midfield and forward to the strikers to hopefully create chances and score goals from open play (remember them?). However all we seem to do is knock it across the defense a few times, assuming we don't lose possession in doing so, and then a defender punts it long either for Cosgrove to waste, May to chase a lost cause or GMS to watch the ball drift out for a goal kick. If that's all we are going to do why not just punt it first time and cut out the risk of a misplaced pass by a defender????

Of course a real radical idea would be to actually sign a midfielder that can play football and be comfortable with the ball at his feet who can take the ball from the defence and create something instead of just playing defensive midfielders who don't have the first idea about creating anything. Just a thought but no doubt I am probably missing a strategic masterstroke in our current style of play.
    Surely a professional footballer who is a defender can pass the ball into the midfielders in front of him for them to try and take the game to the opposition. Devlin was absolutely dreadful at this yesterday and hardly found an Aberdeen player with any of his passes forward. Dreadful football to watch. Thank goodness McGinn and Wright came on for the second half.
    Expect more of the same for our approach against the huns for the semi final as our manager is an absolute abomination for imaginative attacking football. We will go with his usual negative approach and end up getting pumped because of his lack of ambition. Go Derek McInnes!

Watching the highlights I noticed the Hearts players were goading our fans when Naismith scored his pen.

Why is it ok for other teams to do that to our fans but when Logan does it to the Celtic fans he gets sent off?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Watching the highlights I noticed the Hearts players were goading our fans when Naismith scored his pen.

Why is it ok for other teams to do that to our fans but when Logan does it to the Celtic fans he gets sent off?
    Our club are weak as f@ck. We do nothing but take it....there is no granite in the Aberdeen boardroom and the club itself. We are run by a guy who wouldn’t look out of place wearing a feather boa. The manager has lost any drive he once had and the players are showing signs of giving up on trying to win matches. Even a lot of fans have no desire to want better. What a f@cking embarrestment our once feared club are. “Don’t expect change anytime soon” should be the Milne run Aberdeen motto.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Our club are weak as f@ck. We do nothing but take it....there is no granite in the Aberdeen boardroom and the club itself. We are run by a guy who wouldn’t look out of place wearing a feather boa. The manager has lost any drive he once had and the players are showing signs of giving up on trying to win matches. Even a lot of fans have no desire to want better. What a f@cking embarrestment our once feared club are. “Don’t expect change anytime soon” should be the Milne run Aberdeen motto.
    I don’t usually stick up for Milne and co but to be fair they have complained about decisions against us this season and we seem to be suffering for it.

It’s not right but we are going to have to get back in our box by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t usually stick up for Milne and co but to be fair they have complained about decisions against us this season and we seem to be suffering for it.

It’s not right but we are going to have to get back in our box by the looks of it.
    Willie Miller complained about decisions going against us...it resulted in reds cards in the following games until we got back in our box.

Milne is only complaining now as he is being found out for all his sevco/septic pandering and has a white elephant to sell...

Milne is a weasel, i wouldnt trust him an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The obsession of playing from the back is one of my (many) gripes about modern football.

With regard to us, even if we had the players with the skill to safely and confidently knock it about in our own half (which we don't), what is the purpose of that anyway? What is the plan? The theory I guess is that knock it about in your own half and eventually play it through the midfield and forward to the strikers to hopefully create chances and score goals from open play (remember them?).
    The purpose of playing from the back, is to lure your opponent on to you in your half. With quick decisive passing, the plan would be to play forward into the newly created space vacated by your opponent. It caries a risk, that your opponent knicks the ball off you in your own half, however, done well, it can be devastating. As Pep would say, "take the ball, pass the ball" it is very simple in theory, very difficult to execute

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Willie Miller complained about decisions going against us...it resulted in reds cards in the following games until we got back in our box.

Milne is only complaining now as he is being found out for all his sevco/septic pandering and has a white elephant to sell...

Milne is a weasel, i wouldnt trust him an inch.
    knock him when he does complain, knock him when he doesn't... the man cant win

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    The referee was poor, but for both sides. Honestly, our penalty was hardly a stonewaller either. He was balancing the decisions, however, I posted during the game he had lost control. If DM was on your suggested 200k the parting might be somewhat easier and I obviously have no concrete proof, but I believe he is nigh on double the figure you gave. I expect it's the best job he will have in management.
    Just watched the highlights, ours was a penalty all day long, the boy isn't even looking at the ball, only trying to push mcginn.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast