+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Hearts v Dons roll call etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    knock him when he does complain, knock him when he doesn't... the man cant win

If you are talking about Milne...the clown that has overseen some of the worst results in our history, ran Pittodrie in to the ground, kissed the @rses of the old scum, could have changed the voting rights in Scottish Football so it didnt favour the old scum, the shuttle bus arena and much more.............

If you think he has or is doing a good job...

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t usually stick up for Milne and co but to be fair they have complained about decisions against us this season and we seem to be suffering for it.

It’s not right but we are going to have to get back in our box by the looks of it.
    Milne hardly put up much of a fight. If he was a boxer the fight would have been stopped in the first round!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Just watched the highlights, ours was a penalty all day long, the boy isn't even looking at the ball, only trying to push mcginn.
    Aye right

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Our club are weak as f@ck. We are run by a guy who wouldn’t look out of place wearing a feather boa.
    Hemen .... dinna use oor 'Stewary's' feather boa as an excuse .... Ah once got a heap o' grief fae some wannabe hard fυcker at a party for wearin a feather boa ... tae cut a lang story short, Ah decked the cυnt ... and he 'had to leave'.

'Stewarty's' failins are deeper than what might be imagined tae be draped roon eez scrawny neck ... personally, what I like tae imagine is somethin a bit sturdier than a boa, and somethin likely tae be yanked in an upward direction ... but .... that's my take ...

However ... a feather boa might at least be interestin ... rather than thon 'unboa'd' grey, baldy shadow of a blob-stain resulting from a slimy slow drip conjured up by an awkward yet convenient compromise at a meetin o' the cooncil finance sub-committee chaired by fυckin Voldemort in the absence of the convener, and sub-convener due tae incapacity on the grounds o' cannabefυcktness!

Did Hearts have a better team than us last season? No.
    Have Hearts spent more money than us in pre-season? Probably not.
    Have they got a higher wage bill than us? Not sure, but likely quite similar.
    Have Hearts recruited better than us in the summer? Most certainly.
    Have Hearts got a better starting 11 than us? Probably not - we're likely relatively similar in strength when everyone's available.

For all the other, no doubt many, failings of Milne, I'm not sure how the above is his fault. Responsibility lies with 1) McInnes - for his recruitment, tactics and motivating of the team. 2) The recruitment team / scouts - for sourcing a heap of injured, ineffective players over the summer. 3) The players on the pitch - who were utter dross in the first half especially.

Of course you can trace it all further back to Milne and that's maybe fair enough, but McInnes has done generally very well since coming to the club. The competition in the SPL has hotted up this season and we've not stepped up, we've regressed badly due to recruitment, tactics and motivation.

McGinn and Wright coming back into the team should inject some creativity if he plays them. If Wilson stays fit he'll probably turn out alright. But McInnes needs to bite the bullet, hold his hands up and admit he stuffed up the summer recruitment - ship out Gleeson, Forrester, May, Tansey, Cosgrove, Hoban and bring in 4 or 5 players who can make a difference in the second half of the season. Otherwise I fear we're going to end up in the bottom 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Did Hearts have a better team than us last season? No.
    Have Hearts spent more money than us in pre-season? Probably not.
    Have they got a higher wage bill than us? Not sure, but likely quite similar.
    Have Hearts recruited better than us in the summer? Most certainly.
    Have Hearts got a better starting 11 than us? Probably not - we're likely relatively similar in strength when everyone's available.

For all the other, no doubt many, failings of Milne, I'm not sure how the above is his fault. Responsibility lies with 1) McInnes - for his recruitment, tactics and motivating of the team. 2) The recruitment team / scouts - for sourcing a heap of injured, ineffective players over the summer. 3) The players on the pitch - who were utter dross in the first half especially.

Of course you can trace it all further back to Milne and that's maybe fair enough, but McInnes has done generally very well since coming to the club. The competition in the SPL has hotted up this season and we've not stepped up, we've regressed badly due to recruitment, tactics and motivation.

McGinn and Wright coming back into the team should inject some creativity if he plays them. If Wilson stays fit he'll probably turn out alright. But McInnes needs to bite the bullet, hold his hands up and admit he stuffed up the summer recruitment - ship out Gleeson, Forrester, May, Tansey, Cosgrove, Hoban and bring in 4 or 5 players who can make a difference in the second half of the season. Otherwise I fear we're going to end up in the bottom 6.
    Of course it’s Milnes fault,he is the one who talked McInnes into staying twice last year and gave him a contract extension.

At the very least he should be telling McInnes the powder puff performances in the big games is no where near good enough but I doubt he has because he thinks the sun shines out of McInnes erse.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Of course it’s Milnes fault,he is the one who talked McInnes into staying twice last year and gave him a contract extension.

I seriously doubt the second one was Milnes doing. However he welcomed him back with open arms once whatever spooked McInnes at sevco made him u-turn

Aberdeen v Hearts games tend to go one of two ways in the many many years I've been watching them. When Aberdeen try to 'match up' to the 'physicality' of Hearts we invariably lose. When we play footballers and play the ball down, we invariably win. With a few exceptions, of course, but the pattern is fairly predictable.

On Saturday McInnes went with option A - play a physical team to 'win the battle' first. In 45 minutes we not only lost said battle, we had no meaningful possession, not outlet and no ball-carriers in the team, aside from Mackay-Steven, but he spent most of the half pinned back by their left back. 2-0 at half time was a fair reflection of the balance of play, notwithstanding that the penalty decision was a farce.

Half time comes and the manager replaces the ineffective and immobile Cosgrove and Ball with McGinn and Wright. As much as McInnes deserves criticism for the starting line-up, he deserves credit for making the changes. Immediate improvement in the team. We had pace, width and players who could take us up the pitch. We played more on the front foot and won a deserved penalty. Wilson missed a great chance, not helped I think by the fact he was completely unfit, and Mackay-Steven drew a superb save from their keeper. We had a number of other good moments, mostly through McGinn down the left, that didn't lead to any concrete chances, but the play was altogether much better.

It is a recurring theme against Hearts. I really wish the manager would avoid the temptation to play cloggers and actually play our best footballers. Trust the defence and midfield to do their job and let the attacking players off the leash a bit. It is the same in other 'big' games too. Too often we play with the handbrake on. It's absolutely infuriating.

Worryingly, though, we look well short up front. Wilson simply is not fit. We have no one to put the ball in the net.

If we're going to go out to Rangers next week, can we please play our best and most influential attacking players from the start and have an actual go! It is totally unacceptable to play defensively minded when this absolutely hampers our attacking threat and is rarely successful anyway. Play with confidence and play to win. We are not a bad side and the manager should set the players up to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    Aberdeen v Hearts games tend to go one of two ways in the many many years I've been watching them. When Aberdeen try to 'match up' to the 'physicality' of Hearts we invariably lose. When we play footballers and play the ball down, we invariably win. With a few exceptions, of course, but the pattern is fairly predictable.

On Saturday McInnes went with option A - play a physical team to 'win the battle' first. In 45 minutes we not only lost said battle, we had no meaningful possession, not outlet and no ball-carriers in the team, aside from Mackay-Steven, but he spent most of the half pinned back by their left back. 2-0 at half time was a fair reflection of the balance of play, notwithstanding that the penalty decision was a farce.

Half time comes and the manager replaces the ineffective and immobile Cosgrove and Ball with McGinn and Wright. As much as McInnes deserves criticism for the starting line-up, he deserves credit for making the changes. Immediate improvement in the team. We had pace, width and players who could take us up the pitch. We played more on the front foot and won a deserved penalty. Wilson missed a great chance, not helped I think by the fact he was completely unfit, and Mackay-Steven drew a superb save from their keeper. We had a number of other good moments, mostly through McGinn down the left, that didn't lead to any concrete chances, but the play was altogether much better.

It is a recurring theme against Hearts. I really wish the manager would avoid the temptation to play cloggers and actually play our best footballers. Trust the defence and midfield to do their job and let the attacking players off the leash a bit. It is the same in other 'big' games too. Too often we play with the handbrake on. It's absolutely infuriating.

Worryingly, though, we look well short up front. Wilson simply is not fit. We have no one to put the ball in the net.

If we're going to go out to Rangers next week, can we please play our best and most influential attacking players from the start and have an actual go! It is totally unacceptable to play defensively minded when this absolutely hampers our attacking threat and is rarely successful anyway. Play with confidence and play to win. We are not a bad side and the manager should set the players up to succeed.
    Good post. That's my biggest frustration with Mcinness he gets it right a lot of the time. He does revert back to his default position against the so called bigger teams away from home which never works. You think he would learn from this. He doesnt. Particularly when we have given hibs and hearts real going overs at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Good post. That's my biggest frustration with Mcinness he gets it right a lot of the time. He does revert back to his default position against the so called bigger teams away from home which never works. You think he would learn from this. He doesnt. Particularly when we have given hibs and hearts real going overs at home.
    It's not just away from home, look how we set up at home to sevco in first game this season or any celtic home game in last five years. Our record against the better teams last year was generally poor but this season is absolutely shocking - 3 draws and 3 defeats against top 8 teams with just Livi to play and in those 6 games we have only scored 4 goals

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast