+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next game

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Oh, definitely.

There's no doubt we are capable of winning it.
    I think Brighton will be happy with a draw.
    They know we are desperate for a win. If they score first mind, we could be ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I think Brighton will be happy with a draw.
    They know we are desperate for a win. If they score first mind, we could be ****ed.
    I think they'll be happy to sit back for the first half...and given that's what we'll do maybe we could just start the game after half time and give everyone an extra hour or so in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Your making me nervous not that I already wasn't. Doesn't bare thinking about them getting the first goal, I think it would get pretty hostile in there.
    Soz about that.

Problem Is, say we're one down after an hour,
    Who do we bring on?

However, I still think the crowd will stay with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Soz about that.

Problem Is, say we're one down after an hour,
    Who do we bring on?

However, I still think the crowd will stay with the players.
    I agree, Stan but I think it will just go quiet.

The problem is-and yes, this is a wee bit of criticism of Rafa -we don't seem to have a plan B...when we go behind, nothing seems to change until it's way too late. We need to throw the kitchen sink at the opposition but we don't.

The problem is-and yes, this is a wee bit of criticism of Rafa -we don't seem to have a plan B...when we go behind, nothing seems to change until it's way too late. We need to throw the kitchen sink at the opposition but we don't.
    I agree our approach isn't great when behind but I think that's just sometimes a case of low morale and the players just thinking here we go again. If we were winning games, had a bit of confidence and went behind in a match I think it would be a completely different approach to pull the game back.

Win.We have to for loads of reasons
    Gets us 3 points
    Keeps the fans interest
    Stops us from being left behind
    And it's the start of 10 winnable games

We rarely have a plan B and itīs no criticism of Rafa. We have no bench even when thereīs noone injured in the squad.

I think we can win.

Whether we will or not. . .

Long game if they score first.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelowen View Post
    Do you think we can win it?
    I think we will win this one. WE have to win at some point and I think this is a good opportunity. I just hope Rafa plays Muto if fit from the start, and Rondon if fit. Bench Perez and Joselu and please don't bring on Atsu! would rather have Sorensen on the bench tbh, bring him on if we are winning comfortably, and possibly Longstaff.

It's the start of the "easier" games so we desperately need to win. If we do we can go on a run. If we lose, rafa's days are numbered.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)