+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some fans do my head in

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Only reason anyone want to go in premiership is the money and I expect that’s why tony wants us to go up. Whether it’s a possibility or not isn’t the point though it’s the reaction he gets from showing his dedication and commitment to the club that pisses me off.

But who knows what future will be like saying it will never happen is as silly as my name, after all never is a very long time
    it's a bit like promising your wife for 3 years on her 50th birthday you will take her to Vegas but you aendup going to skegness.

nice intentions but do you think she will be pissed off

Personally I think the boat sailed some time ago ; after TS appointed one duff manager after another, realised his mistake and had to pay up their overblown contracts. Oh and the Dexter Blackstock and other misjudgements.

Now he's put away his gold pen for good so just Bolton tomorrow when it might have been, Spurs, Man. Utd. or Man. city, Arsensal...

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    it's a bit like promising your wife for 3 years on her 50th birthday you will take her to Vegas but you aendup going to skegness.

nice intentions but do you think she will be pissed off
    Hardly same thing since a) Iv never had any gift from Tony Stewart never mind a ring 😂 lol b)he made no promises he just said it was his goal

I set myself goals in life So I know what power they can give you. You feel a sense of purpose and even in dark times focusing on that glimmer of light can keep you going even if it seems hopeless or impossible (like two years ago under Stubbs)

Also This thread isn’t about whether you believe in his goals or future it’s about whether fans should just leave him alone
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 19-10-2018 at 10:50 PM.

You should never say it can't happen , if Leicester City can win the PL then anything is possible even in these cash crazy times .

If Rotherham United made it to the PL it would be the greatest promotion of them all , it would certainly surpass our achievement in 97 because it's far more difficult these days than it was 21 years ago .

Nothing wrong with having dreams , Tony is a fan just like you guys .

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Personally I think the boat sailed some time ago ; after TS appointed one duff manager after another, realised his mistake and had to pay up their overblown contracts. Oh and the Dexter Blackstock and other misjudgements.

Now he's put away his gold pen for good so just Bolton tomorrow when it might have been, Spurs, Man. Utd. or Man. city, Arsensal...
    Or Boreham Wood, Fylde and Ebbsfleet. Cheer up mate :-)
    Last edited by sota; 20-10-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Some bizarre stuff on this thread. I never felt that Tony Stewart had promised me anything. The club has done better than I would have anticipated in the last decade. I never realistically expected us to make the Premier League and I never bother reading comments by owners, managers or players.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Some bizarre stuff on this thread. I never felt that Tony Stewart had promised me anything. The club has done better than I would have anticipated in the last decade. I never realistically expected us to make the Premier League and I never bother reading comments by owners, managers or players.
    Well said Monty.
    A sensible outlook on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Well said Monty.
    A sensible outlook on the situation.
    Cheers, Pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Correct, we should be dizzy given what we have achieved

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123