+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some fans do my head in

Some fans do my head in

Mr Stewart bless him keeps saying he would like to see us in premiership and is setting that as a goal. Many will think he’s barking others will think ambition is good so long as you don’t lose track of reality. I personally think so long it keeps him going we shouldn’t knock him, but every time these articles come out you get a number of so called fans shouting stuff like “we are not good enough” or “is Tony on something?” But here’s the thing he never said when he just said it was his goal and it seems to turn fans against him and the club.

Ffs our biggest rivals are ourselves 😂

https://fanbanter.co.uk/chairman-wan...remier-league/

I agree, nowt wrong with a bit of ambition...you will always get the glass half empty brigade though, that's how it goes isn't it.

I stopped reading that when read the same error regarding Huddersfield. Huddersfield spent the same ammount on players that season as our turnover. They were the only two figures that were the same.

I hope he does take us there but let's face it. If we struggle in the Championship then we'll certainly struggle in the Premiership.

Go on ony Take us there. I dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I stopped reading that when read the same error regarding Huddersfield. Huddersfield spent the same ammount on players that season as our turnover. They were the only two figures that were the same.

I hope he does take us there but let's face it. If we struggle in the Championship then we'll certainly struggle in the Premiership.

Go on ony Take us there. I dare you!
    Only reason anyone want to go in premiership is the money and I expect that’s why tony wants us to go up. Whether it’s a possibility or not isn’t the point though it’s the reaction he gets from showing his dedication and commitment to the club that pisses me off.

But who knows what future will be like saying it will never happen is as silly as my name, after all never is a very long time

Here we go again. The only thing missing this time is the "in 5 years" bit because that's been and gone.
    Please don't say it's ambition because it isn't, it's a pipedream and TS does himself no favours by raking it up again.
    There is no doubt that he is the best chairman for a club of our size but we have a tiny budget for a Championship club and will do well to survive in a league which is financially beyond our means.
    The only way Rotherham could ever hope to get into the Premier League is to "do a Bournemouth" and find a billionaire who will throw silly money at it.
    TS will never let the club over-reach itself financially and we should be grateful for that. However, talk of the Premier League in that scenario is patently nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Here we go again. The only thing missing this time is the "in 5 years" bit because that's been and gone.
    Please don't say it's ambition because it isn't, it's a pipedream and TS does himself no favours by raking it up again.
    There is no doubt that he is the best chairman for a club of our size but we have a tiny budget for a Championship club and will do well to survive in a league which is financially beyond our means.
    The only way Rotherham could ever hope to get into the Premier League is to "do a Bournemouth" and find a billionaire who will throw silly money at it.
    TS will never let the club over-reach itself financially and we should be grateful for that. However, talk of the Premier League in that scenario is patently nonsense.
    Could you keep pumping money and time into something that you was convinced would fail? You see it all the time on dragons den people pumping life savings and working all hours of the day to make something successful. Do you think they want to hear it’s pointless? What do you think would happen if he decided you was right?

If it was me I’d sell up and make it public that the fan base made me lose the will to carry on, because that’s exactly how I’d feel.

Clearly the chairman is far stronger willed than I am

MegaMillions lottery here is up to $1B this Friday. Anyone want to join me in a 'Buy RUFC' syndicate? I'd have to be the front man as you have to be a legal resident to take the winnings. Odds of winning are only about 250M/1. Wonder if it would upset anyone in the US if I/we did win and announced we were taking the money abroad

Cam
    I will join you just let me know when we win and I’ll send you money for ticket. 😊

I always try to rationalise what is said. In this situation I see it as a dream that would be nice rather than a prime objective we put all resourses towards. Im nover going to hold him to it.

We all have dreams in life. He just happened to expressed his in public.

Seriously dont see why what he said some years back is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    MegaMillions lottery here is up to $1B this Friday. Anyone want to join me in a 'Buy RUFC' syndicate? I'd have to be the front man as you have to be a legal resident to take the winnings. Odds of winning are only about 250M/1. Wonder if it would upset anyone in the US if I/we did win and announced we were taking the money abroad
    WOW! That's a mind blowing amount of money.

CAM, how much are the tickets? I am a man of my word and can wire the money across to you like you did for the Wembley ticket you once bought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast