+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some fans do my head in

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Could you keep pumping money and time into something that you was convinced would fail? You see it all the time on dragons den people pumping life savings and working all hours of the day to make something successful. Do you think they want to hear it’s pointless? What do you think would happen if he decided you was right?

If it was me I’d sell up and make it public that the fan base made me lose the will to carry on, because that’s exactly how I’d feel.

Clearly the chairman is far stronger willed than I am
    Yes but he ain't watched Rotherham for 60yrs.I feel like packing it in but I don't & I keep turning up good or bad.Its some posters that do my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Could you keep pumping money and time into something that you was convinced would fail? You see it all the time on dragons den people pumping life savings and working all hours of the day to make something successful. Do you think they want to hear it’s pointless? What do you think would happen if he decided you was right?

If it was me I’d sell up and make it public that the fan base made me lose the will to carry on, because that’s exactly how I’d feel.

Clearly the chairman is far stronger willed than I am
    They might not want to hear that it's pointless but the Dragons often tell them it is to save them from further grief. However, I'm not sure what that's got to do with what I said.
    We are currently in a league that is way above our financial capability to compete in at the top end. We are trying to survive (that's the correct word by the way) in the Championship by spending less money than any other club so any thoughts of reaching the Premier League against that background are laughable. That's not a criticism of the chairman by the way, it's just the harsh reality of where we are and it's probably the best we can ever achieve under Tony Stewart's stewardship.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    They might not want to hear that it's pointless but the Dragons often tell them it is to save them from further grief. However, I'm not sure what that's got to do with what I said.
    We are currently in a league that is way above our financial capability to compete in at the top end. We are trying to survive (that's the correct word by the way) in the Championship by spending less money than any other club so any thoughts of reaching the Premier League against that background are laughable. That's not a criticism of the chairman by the way, it's just the harsh reality of where we are and it's probably the best we can ever achieve under Tony Stewart's stewardship.
    You mentioned that he does himself no favours bringing it up mellow, I’m just giving a possible reason why he feels he has to say it. Hell Iv even done the self brainwashing a few times, last time being when we couldn’t win a game when we went down and I had to brainwash myself to go to each game lol

In 2016 from the top 44 clubs (championship and premier league) total spend on wages
    Man c were 1st spending 264 million.
    Burton were 44th spending 7.7 million

Rotherham were 43rd with 8.7 million
    Huddersfield were 35th spending 21 million..

4 of the bottom 7 on the list have been relegated in the past 2 seasons

5 from the top 10 championship teams on the list have been promoted in the past 2 seasons....

Money. Money. Money. Tony may not have the money to get us to the PL but I'm happy for him to dream we will

It won't bother me one bit if it never happens. I'm happy and proud to be watching my team in the 2nd tier of English football. If the best we can do is merely survive, that's fine by me. This division is easily as good if not better than what the old division 1 (pre premier league) was, and better than the top divisions of many countries.
    Rotherham United are in that division and it's ****ing great!
    The premier league can do one.

Let’s stop the pretence of we have got a competitive budget,because for the Championship we have not,let’s stop kidding ourselves that we bid 1m for May, Bogle & Uncle Tom cobbley.Most fans know that a 1m pound player aint going to play for 5,000 a week.Stop treating fans as if we are daft.Just get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Let’s stop the pretence of we have got a competitive budget,because for the Championship we have not,let’s stop kidding ourselves that we bid 1m for May, Bogle & Uncle Tom cobbley.Most fans know that a 1m pound player aint going to play for 5,000 a week.Stop treating fans as if we are daft.Just get on with it.
    It's good that TS is more open than Booth was but I'm like you.

Just get on with it TS and enjoy the ride. it's not every day you're able to make other people's dreams come true. He certainly has done that.

Yes but he ain't watched Rotherham for 60yrs.I feel like packing it in but I don't & I keep turning up good or bad.Its some posters that do my head in.
    Im with you Lol watched them for a bit longer and dread the day when I have to stop,but as long as my legs will carry me i will be there,would turn up in a chair if i could get someone to push and i do admire the older ones who sit in the disabled area,if its in the blood you will go and Rotherham fans have it built into their genes never to be impressed by anything.

Its some posters that do my head in.
    Now now Lolmorgan you're the same age as me, you should be more tolerant to postees, after all we've seen it all.....done it all...and got the t-shirt..ha ha

I think the point is that when TS bought the club he did not buy it to sit in the 3rd division he bought it with a dream of playing in the Prem! Who can blame him for that? I certainly will not.

UTM!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast