+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I see this game as being a true reflection on where we are compared to last season.The 2 matches last year were not one sided and I hope we can do the same tomorrow.However after witnessing our dire performances this season both in attack and defence I tend to think even damage limitation will be impossible against City who have only got better since we last played them.
    I predict a massive drubbing.Maybe then will we realise we need to invest in the squad in January.
    Surely there is no one left in Burnley who could possibly not realise our dire situation?

Oh Bugger--I forgot the Board when I wrote that.

"Surely there is no one left in Burnley who could possibly not realise our dire situation?"

Dire situation?

We are in a better situation than we have been for forty odd years. Keep it real.

Ten years ago even dreaming of being in the Prem seemed like a total fantasy.

And even better news, Defour should be available tomorrow and Brady is almost ready too.

We are twelfth in the Prem - so If we are in a dire situation the 80 league teams below us must be suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "Surely there is no one left in Burnley who could possibly not realise our dire situation?"

Dire situation?

We are in a better situation than we have been for forty odd years. Keep it real.

Ten years ago even dreaming of being in the Prem seemed like a total fantasy.

And even better news, Defour should be available tomorrow and Brady is almost ready too.

We are twelfth in the Prem - so If we are in a dire situation the 80 league teams below us must be suicidal.
    It's a simple evaluation really.

Look at who we have played to date; look at who has beaten us. Look at who we have beaten or drawn against.

There are no giant killing acts so far compared to last year.

Our performances have been utter Sh-t so please enjoy our possession in the league at this moment and take a photo for the memory books..

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post

Look at who we have played to date; look at who has beaten us. Look at who we have beaten or drawn against.

Our performances have been utter Sh-t so please enjoy our possession in the league at this moment and take a photo for the memory books..
    I believe a true perspective will be available after 19 games because then everybody has played everybody but there can be no doubt we will be worse off than last year and unfortunately we will be near the bottom of the League.Neither Defour nor Brady will drastically change the dynamic of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post

Agree with the above, we are a totally different team in that we are very poor in all departments, and as CIB has said even having Brady and D4 back will not change much.

No need to send the Board any messages, they had "their" man in Dyche and failed miserably to back him, come January and we are dicing with relegation there is NO doubt the Board will NOT spend too much money.

Wow, this thread is showing how delusional and unrealistic some of our supporters are.

Talk about a sense of entitlement.

We are the smallest town ever to have a Premier League team. We don't have any rich backers.

We ended 7th last season and are currently 12th.

Realistically, where do YOU think a team like Burnley ought to be in the footy pyramid? Top half of Prem? Get out of it!

I would say that our natural level is bottom half of the Championship - which tells me how massively overachieving we are.

Wow, this thread is showing how delusional and unrealistic some of our supporters are.

We are the smallest town ever to have a Premier League team. We don't have any rich backers.

Realistically, where do YOU think a team like Burnley ought to be in the footy pyramid? Top half of Prem? Get out of it!

I would say that our natural level is bottom half of the Championship - which tells me how massively overachieving we are.
    Yep,it's a miracle to be where we are when " massive clubs "are languishing in lower leagues than us.. Embrace it while we can .. When all is said and done we are just little Burnley punching above our weight .. the board must think that as they are not prepared to back Dyche and spend money on to keep us punching way above our weight..

Its got nothing to do with entitlement.

Nothing to do with being the smallest PL Club.

Or not having Rich backers.

We cannot be realistic with having one hand tied behind our back with our Board.

The writing was on the wall last season even if you are still living off last seasons 7th place.

The last time we played at City was roughly a year ago, since then we have played 38 PL games, won 13, drawn 10, lost 15, regardless of that, the performances have been diabolical.

I don't want the world 59/60, I don't want us thrashing every team we play, but I expect us to be able to compete (regardless of getting hammered) with reasonable performances, you can only compete if you have the right tools, unfortunately our board would rather gather the money in the Bank and see all Sean Dyche's work go down the drain along with our PL status.

Bloody hell, I'm glad I'm not your Dad on Christmas morning.

As Stan Ternent once said, if you give someone from Burnley a fiver they ask, "Why wasn't it a tenner?"

Which teams model should we follow? WBA? Stoke? Rovers? Villa? Forest? Leeds?Portsmouth? Of course not.

Which team then? Can you name me a club that we should be copying in the way that it is run?

I am more than happy with the way the Clarets have been run this last decade. What we have achieved, and continue to achieve, has surpassed my wildest dreams.

"unfortunately our board would rather gather the money in the Bank and see all Sean Dyche's work go down the drain along with our PL status."

Nail on the head Alto, no one is being unrealistic, expecting the moon, but we have a manager desperate to strengthen the squad, the best manager this club has ever had, and despite money coming out of our ears a board that won't back him. That's what annoys fans, simple really. It's just so short-sighted it beggars belief.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)