+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City v Burnley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Man City v Burnley

Has this game come at the wrong time for us ? or can we do what England did against Spain and get something ?

O.K. I'll get my coat

It's going to be a very long 90 mins Alto..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Wow, this thread is showing how delusional and unrealistic some of our supporters are.

Talk about a sense of entitlement.

We are the smallest town ever to have a Premier League team. We don't have any rich backers.

We ended 7th last season and are currently 12th.

Realistically, where do YOU think a team like Burnley ought to be in the footy pyramid? Top half of Prem? Get out of it!

I would say that our natural level is bottom half of the Championship - which tells me how massively overachieving we are.
    Its got nothing to do with entitlement.

Nothing to do with being the smallest PL Club.

Or not having Rich backers.

We cannot be realistic with having one hand tied behind our back with our Board.

The writing was on the wall last season even if you are still living off last seasons 7th place.

The last time we played at City was roughly a year ago, since then we have played 38 PL games, won 13, drawn 10, lost 15, regardless of that, the performances have been diabolical.

I don't want the world 59/60, I don't want us thrashing every team we play, but I expect us to be able to compete (regardless of getting hammered) with reasonable performances, you can only compete if you have the right tools, unfortunately our board would rather gather the money in the Bank and see all Sean Dyche's work go down the drain along with our PL status.

Bloody hell, I'm glad I'm not your Dad on Christmas morning.

As Stan Ternent once said, if you give someone from Burnley a fiver they ask, "Why wasn't it a tenner?"

Which teams model should we follow? WBA? Stoke? Rovers? Villa? Forest? Leeds?Portsmouth? Of course not.

Which team then? Can you name me a club that we should be copying in the way that it is run?

I am more than happy with the way the Clarets have been run this last decade. What we have achieved, and continue to achieve, has surpassed my wildest dreams.

I'm not writing us off Alto.

Realistically they would be favorites to beat every team in the Prem at home, but we have had two draws out of the three Prem matches at theirs.

It's a free shot for us and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a decent result.

I don't want to model BFC with any other Club 59/60.

I'm also happy and proud to a certain degree with what our Club has achieved, but to "continue to achieve" you have to move forward and not just dwell on your past accomplishments.

But for me the Board have not backed the man, not backed the team/squad, and will pay the biggest penalty's by probably losing the man who has made it all possible and lose the goose that lays our golden eggs by falling out of the PL.

As I have said before you cut your cloth accordingly and I would not want to see BFC throw the kitchen sink at it, but there is a big difference between the kitchen sink and a dish cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

As I have said before you cut your cloth accordingly and I would not want to see BFC throw the kitchen sink at it, but there is a big difference between the kitchen sink and a dish cloth.
    can't even see the sink Alto....so best thing that raggedy old dish cloth can do - is Wipe the Plates Clean !

as for today - with Hart on his old stomping ground....and something to prove - could he literally Save the day ?

We are off, afternoon everyone and the lurkers

Wycombe 0 Scunny 1

will all depend on how City perform, imo - lets hope they have a very bad day !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)