+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Man City v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are not playing on a level playing field.... We just do not have a billion pounds available to match the big spendersWhat's the answer? Heaven only knows
    even with all their big money players, were not a pub team, we're a PL team - so should be able to put the ball between the posts....force some saves - that would help some - and am still trying to get my head around, how for a whole 90 mins, we didn't even manage to do that once

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are not playing on a level playing field Alto. We just do not have a billion pounds available to match the big spenders in the EPL and it really is as simple as that.

Add to that the advantages the referees give to the likes of City, Chelsea and Manure it is becoming impossible to have an even game. Remind me again, when was the last time Little Old Burnley had a penalty?

We have spent (for us) BIG TIME on the likes of Wood and Hendrick and yet they are a million miles away from the quality required for the EPL. What's the answer? Heaven only knows.
    It never will be a level playing field for anyone but the top 6 BT.

As I have said before I don't mind getting stuffed 6-0 as long as we contribute something, we hardly do, the Man City thrashing was always on the cards with as you say their 60 Million £ positions, but we don't perform anything like a PL team against so called poorer teams.

You can make all the excuses you like with Refs not giving us the rub of the green, absolute diabolical decisions from Ref's and Linesmen and your and Dyche's constant grumblings of not being given a penalty, the fact remains we are poor, we are devoid of creativity, we are toothless in attack and the defence is beginning to come apart at the seems.

Spent Big Time ? or tried to appease the fans ? I'm not a Football manager and never will be, but at the time I didn't want Wood, I didn't want Hendrick or Beardsly or Walters or Wells or even Brady.

Sean Dyche has been restricted, he's not been backed properly, hence some of the above players, I'm not backing Dyche 100% as he has his bad points with silly substitutions and Dyche type players, but he has not been given what HE DESERVES to improve on what he has achieved by an out of depth Board and a very bad recruitment team who should be looking far and wide for better and maybe cheaper players rather than just looking on these expensive shores.

"What's the answer ?" You know the answer BT, Speculate to accumulate (Not All In), If we do next to nothing it will not stay the same, it will get worse, but if you don't try you'll never know, you'd be left with a Bank bursting with £200 Million yet lose the revenue of the PL which is the golden goose that keeps giving, not the Bank account that makes us look better than what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    It never will be a level playing field for anyone but the top 6 BT.

As I have said before I don't mind getting stuffed 6-0 as long as we contribute something, we hardly do, the Man City thrashing was always on the cards with as you say their 60 Million £ positions, but we don't perform anything like a PL team against so called poorer teams.

You can make all the excuses you like with Refs not giving us the rub of the green, absolute diabolical decisions from Ref's and Linesmen and your and Dyche's constant grumblings of not being given a penalty, the fact remains we are poor, we are devoid of creativity, we are toothless in attack and the defence is beginning to come apart at the seems.

Spent Big Time ? or tried to appease the fans ? I'm not a Football manager and never will be, but at the time I didn't want Wood, I didn't want Hendrick or Beardsly or Walters or Wells or even Brady.

Sean Dyche has been restricted, he's not been backed properly, hence some of the above players, I'm not backing Dyche 100% as he has his bad points with silly substitutions and Dyche type players, but he has not been given what HE DESERVES to improve on what he has achieved by an out of depth Board and a very bad recruitment team who should be looking far and wide for better and maybe cheaper players rather than just looking on these expensive shores.

"What's the answer ?" You know the answer BT, Speculate to accumulate (Not All In), If we do next to nothing it will not stay the same, it will get worse, but if you don't try you'll never know, you'd be left with a Bank bursting with £200 Million yet lose the revenue of the PL which is the golden goose that keeps giving, not the Bank account that makes us look better than what we are.
    Man the walls...

Attachment 10941

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)