+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Man City v Burnley

As I said this game would give a true reflection of where we stand compared to last season.5-0 but it could have been 7 or 8.If I remember we lost 4-1 last year in the same tie.That would make a 40% bigger difference between the 2 teams in favour of City.I do not think they are much better than last year so we must be at least 30% worse which is about right.
    I hope this was a wake up call for the board to invest in the squad but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I hope this was a wake up call for the board to invest in the squad but I doubt it.
    I think that ship has sailed CIB, if we are in a relegation battle there is NO way the board will splash out to try and save us.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think that ship has sailed CIB, if we are in a relegation battle there is NO way the board will splash out to try and save us.
    Every City player position costs about £60 million. Not sure even we can match that!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Every City player position costs about £60 million. Not sure even we can match that!
    Don't know what the above comment has to do with us BT.

Neither do I Alto..They only have two legs just the same as our players..

had a knock at the door - so didnt see the majority of the second either - nornally i'd have made an excuse - but wasn't bothered too...how sad is that !

and just seen - we had five shots - and not one on target.

Manchester City 5 Burnley 0 (Agüero 17, B Silva 54, Fernandinho 56, Mahrez 83, Sané 90)

Manchester City: Ederson, Kompany, Stones, Laporte, Mahrez, Fernandinho, David Silva (Foden 74), Mendy, Bernardo Silva (De Bruyne 58), Sane, Aguero (Jesus 66). Substitutes: Muric, Sterling, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Foden.

Booked: Kompany, Sane

Burnley: Hart, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Gudmundsson, Defour (Barnes 74), Cork, Lennon (Westwood 69), Hendrick, Vokes (Wood 69). Substitutes: Heaton, Bardsley, Vydra, Long.

Booked: Cork, Hendrick

ATT: 54,094

Referee: Jonathan Moss

S.D Post Match.

City.....City.....and City !

Happy with that, 3-0 with just 7 minutes left, that's as good as we could ever have hoped for. And still 3 points above the relegation zone. These are still the good times.

We are not playing on a level playing field Alto. We just do not have a billion pounds available to match the big spenders in the EPL and it really is as simple as that.

Add to that the advantages the referees give to the likes of City, Chelsea and Manure it is becoming impossible to have an even game. Remind me again, when was the last time Little Old Burnley had a penalty?

We have spent (for us) BIG TIME on the likes of Wood and Hendrick and yet they are a million miles away from the quality required for the EPL. What's the answer? Heaven only knows.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)