+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bielsaology latest ........

Bielsaology latest ........

Bielsaology latest .......

Bielsa on the international break ........... "We had a group of players who needed to get some rest. Another group needed the opposite thing. The third group were the international players, who we need back."

Bielsa talking about Pablo ..........
    "We have many tools to evaluate each player. The physical, technical and expressions of personality. When you take into account all these possibilities the margin of mistakes become smaller but we have to admit that intuition is also an important part of my job."

Bielsa on Alioski as a left-back ..............
    "So far he has given us a good response as a winger. To put him at left-back might be a necessity. It's either because of the result of the game or either because of the features of the opponents because of this sector."

Bielsa on Pontus Jansson Sky comments ..............
    "I would have preferred that Pontus didn't say that. Because actually the referee is a colleague of both teams. On the other hand his task is very difficult and if we understand the role of the referee we will help him. The role of us on the bench allows us to have more serenity than the players on the pitch. I think if Pontus had time to think about it he wouldn't have said the same thing."

Mmmm,Roofe,Roberts & Berardi back in the frame too and Pontus with child on way it'll be an interesting starting eleven to witness - flight booked & lift cadged,huge following on board so should be a good un ..........

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Bielsaology latest .......

Bielsa on the international break ........... "We had a group of players who needed to get some rest. Another group needed the opposite thing. The third group were the international players, who we need back."

Bielsa talking about Pablo ..........
    "We have many tools to evaluate each player. The physical, technical and expressions of personality. When you take into account all these possibilities the margin of mistakes become smaller but we have to admit that intuition is also an important part of my job."

Bielsa on Alioski as a left-back ..............
    "So far he has given us a good response as a winger. To put him at left-back might be a necessity. It's either because of the result of the game or either because of the features of the opponents because of this sector."

Bielsa on Pontus Jansson Sky comments ..............
    "I would have preferred that Pontus didn't say that. Because actually the referee is a colleague of both teams. On the other hand his task is very difficult and if we understand the role of the referee we will help him. The role of us on the bench allows us to have more serenity than the players on the pitch. I think if Pontus had time to think about it he wouldn't have said the same thing."

Mmmm,Roofe,Roberts & Berardi back in the frame too and Pontus with child on way it'll be an interesting starting eleven to witness - flight booked & lift cadged,huge following on board so should be a good un ..........

MOT
    Have a listen to the final two minutes of this interview with Saiz…because it reveals the secret to the team’s success this year.
    https://www.leedsunited.com/video/10...saiz-blackburn

Samu talks about how Bielsa has ‘channelled the aggression’ of the players into playing football; that they now ‘trust’ each other…and most importantly they feel ‘SAFE’.
    I highlight safe because I learned this absolute truth whilst working with ‘difficult’ ****agers in a residential facility...and confirmed this truth throughout a twenty year teaching career. If the kids felt safe then they behaved like kids, when they didn’t, they behaved like apes. I learned how to create that safety, by setting clear boundaries, with high expectations; and to enforce both with strength, integrity, and compassion.

So many of the Leeds players have talked about Bielsa’s strong discipline, high expectations (football and personal), and strenuous demands. We can all see Bielsa’s integrity, and so many ex-players hold him in the highest esteem…so to now hear Saiz state that the team feel ‘safe’ doesn’t surprise me. It’s the foundation that removes fear, allowing players to function at their best. In fact it works for all of us.

Bang on Flinty

Ceases to amaze me how many patients on Psychiatric Wards of all ages come from unsafe backgrounds,helped to recover in a safe environment,released to only end up back on the Wards again as they've failed to feel secure through social issues of economics,no funding for care support,poor housing etc - So feeling 'safe' is a major factor for sure mentally in many aspects of ones life.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Bang on Flinty

Ceases to amaze me how many patients on Psychiatric Wards of all ages come from unsafe backgrounds,helped to recover in a safe environment,released to only end up back on the Wards again as they've failed to feel secure through social issues of economics,no funding for care support,poor housing etc - So feeling 'safe' is a major factor for sure mentally in many aspects of ones life.

MOT
    No argument with either of you regarding the absolute need for a safe environment, wherever and in whatever circumstances you might apply that statement, but........

I suspect most who post here grew up in a time and in conditions where that safety was actually much easier to grab hold of, despite the lack of a social care network, modern means of communications, issues of equality (gender, ethnicity, race, religion) not being thrust at us on a minute-by-minute basis, "social media" seeking to "inform" us about everything we do (or should do).

I'm now a grandparent to two absolute gems who I'd stop a bullet for, but......

They come to us for weekends, sometimes during sumer holidays, half-term etc. and they are subject to the way me and the wife brought up our girls, not the circumstances that apply at home. Not that they existed when we were new parents, but we limit time on tablets, viewing TV etc, absolutely no social media use (we didn't need to do that either!), as much outside time as possible (we're not far from Southampton Common, so that isn't too hard), and respect for all (meaning they know how to speak to the wife and me and each other, they know what is right/wrong (as far as we define that) and how to be polite to all).

Setting those boundaries takes time, and we know from painful experience that each time they come to us (and they very rarely want to go home!), we have to reset them, knowing full well that any success we have will be undone (at least in part) by the environment they will go back to, (the pressures of home life with two working parents, the inability to enforce reasonable boundaries, the peer pressure exerted by "fiends" real or virtual, and the "relaxation" that removes the boundaries they have felt safe within.

I wouldn't want to be a ten-year old in todays world, sad really.
    Last edited by WTF11; 19-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.

back in the days when you can just call her "the wife"

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    back in the days when you can just call her "the wife"
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No argument with either of you regarding the absolute need for a safe environment, wherever and in whatever circumstances you might apply that statement, but........

I suspect most who post here grew up in a time and in conditions where that safety was actually much easier to grab hold of, despite the lack of a social care network, modern means of communications, issues of equality (gender, ethnicity, race, religion) not being thrust at us on a minute-by-minute basis, "social media" seeking to "inform" us about everything we do (or should do).

I'm now a grandparent to two absolute gems who I'd stop a bullet for, but......

They come to us for weekends, sometimes during sumer holidays, half-term etc. and they are subject to the way me and the wife brought up our girls, not the circumstances that apply at home. Not that they existed when we were new parents, but we limit time on tablets, viewing TV etc, absolutely no social media use (we didn't need to do that either!), as much outside time as possible (we're not far from Southampton Common, so that isn't too hard), and respect for all (meaning they know how to speak to the wife and me and each other, they know what is right/wrong (as far as we define that) and how to be polite to all).

Setting those boundaries takes time, and we know from painful experience that each time they come to us (and they very rarely want to go home!), we have to reset them, knowing full well that any success we have will be undone (at least in part) by the environment they will go back to, (the pressures of home life with two working parents, the inability to enforce reasonable boundaries, the peer pressure exerted by "fiends" real or virtual, and the "relaxation" that removes the boundaries they have felt safe within.

I wouldn't want to be a ten-year old in todays world, sad really.
    I often take my grandchildren camping in summer to Royal Victoria park in Netley WTF .. Great place to chill out .

Bielsa & Orta sharing Bovril at Harrogate Town last night then .........

Certainly gets about - Watching our young 'un centre- halve Kitchen last night tame the mighty Barrow at Harrogate's Wetherby Road shed (sorry,multi sports community complex stadia).Even finding time to pose for photos with fans - terrific bloke.

Not sure if Orta payed for the £15 luxury grand stand seats or if Bielsa used his over 60's concession to save £4 on his seat but fair do's sat in freezing conditions and sharing a Bovril with Orta all in the call of duty ................... with no official Leeds club shop rug to cover his knees I note too ..........

MOT

That's dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I often take my grandchildren camping in summer to Royal Victoria park in Netley WTF .. Great place to chill out .
    Ditto and agree 100%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)