+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drone footage Tannadice.

It's amazing how Tannadice has changed through the years, and bits and pieces have been upgraded or done away with. What we have ATM is a pretty unique little stadium with loads of football history that has taken place there.

It's certainly a ground like no other. I hope we never move. I just wish we had kept that old HT scoreboard in place. Or at least somewhere visible in the ground. Just as a nod to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    It's amazing how Tannadice has changed through the years, and bits and pieces have been upgraded or done away with. What we have ATM is a pretty unique little stadium with loads of football history that has taken place there.

It's certainly a ground like no other. I hope we never move. I just wish we had kept that old HT scoreboard in place. Or at least somewhere visible in the ground. Just as a nod to the past.
    The old HT scoreboard was legendary. Folk used to cheer or boo as the numbers were loaded. For example if the fun were at say Motherwell and the guy with the numbers started loading a 3 there was cheers going up.
    There was also a few occasions where he got it wrong and loaded the wrong number and then had to change it. Happy memories

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The old HT scoreboard was legendary. Folk used to cheer or boo as the numbers were loaded. For example if the fun were at say Motherwell and the guy with the numbers started loading a 3 there was cheers going up.
    There was also a few occasions where he got it wrong and loaded the wrong number and then had to change it. Happy memories
    Yeah, I remember a few times when the score were halfway up the mast and had to be retrieved because they were wrong LOL.

Happy memories indeed. I loved the buzz around the ground as the HT results got posted on that board.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabpainter View Post
    Cheers.. I filmed it the Sunday directly after the first playoff game v Hamilton in 2017, so, no the rubbish hadn't been tidied up yet..
    FFS, thats just wanting the vermin from dens coming over leaving all that sh1te there. Scruffy chunts.

Great footage though mate!!

Days of fans changing ends at half time! Fck i feel old.

Guys, relatively new member here, followed United since 1996, good year as any to start I suppose..
    Great memories of Brewster and co..

Heres some drone footage I took a few close seasons back, Im sure you'll enjoy
    the sound clips too of years gone by..
    The Marra family let me use their Dad's song too..

Let me know what you think!

https://vimeo.com/248774088
    Great footage ArabPainter. The dubbing of commentaries over it was terrific. The stadium has changed a lot over the years, mainly for the better I suppose but so many happy memories. The big steep terracing where the GF is now, fantastic views from there in those days. And the Shed to me still doesn't look right with seats in it.

Would you get permission to put a drone up on a big match day say if the flight was restricted ie not directly above or in the stadium?
    so kinda fly round it and looky in?

Would you get permission to put a drone up on a big match day say if the flight was restricted ie not directly above or in the stadium?
    so kinda fly round it and looky in?[/QUOTE]

Cheers Stokearab... Had a bit of fun with the sound bites! Was right in the line of sight in the GF lower when Johnny Russell sent that thunderbolt into the top corner against the Dees..
    I don't think I would get the needed permission, heres the current law:
    consumer drones (classed as those that weigh under 20kg) must be flown no higher than 400 feet (120 metres), and be kept at least 50 metres away from people and private property, and 150 metres from congested areas and organised open-air assemblies of more than 1,000 people.

I know BT sport put one up, but under strict conditions..

so kinda fly round it and looky in?
    Cheers Stokearab... Had a bit of fun with the sound bites! Was right in the line of sight in the GF lower when Johnny Russell sent that thunderbolt into the top corner against the Dees..
    consumer drones (classed as those that weigh under 20kg) must be flown no higher than 400 feet (120 metres), and be kept at least 50 metres away from people and private property, and 150 metres from congested areas and organised open-air assemblies of more than 1,000 people.

I know BT sport put one up, but under strict conditions..[/QUOTE]

Well just paint BT in giant letters on the side and send it up. We'll crowd fund yer bail if needs be

I know BT sport put one up, but under strict conditions..
    Well just paint BT in giant letters on the side and send it up. We'll crowd fund yer bail if needs be [/QUOTE]

Very nice, almost fifaesque!

Red face

Cheers.. Haha, I'll bookmark this and keep that in mind.. take it that's the royal we?
    Quote Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post
    Well just paint BT in giant letters on the side and send it up. We'll crowd fund yer bail if needs be
    Very nice, almost fifaesque![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Arabpainter; 24-10-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)